Okay, do not laugh. I am a sucker for all vampire novels/movies. Why wouldn't I? The idea of Eternity, Superior Senses and Ravishing Looks certainly appeals to me. Coming to the point, people say that Ms.Meyer's Twilight Series is for young adults. I say its for young-adults and adults-young-at-heart. Reading those books made me feel bubbly like a Champagne and a perma-smile pasted on my face for quite sometime.I read all the four books in 3 days..something of an accomplishment with a young toddler. So what does a twi-hard fan do to show her support for the second edition movie release? She makes a drink in honor of the most gorgeous vampire characters of all time -- Edward Cullen played by Robert Pattinson. BTW, my hubby frowns at me whenever I drool at that "Tall drink of water"(who is atleast a half-a-dozen years younger). Lol.
Anyways, once the idea of beet-n-apple drink took root in my mind, I was of thinking of what other things I can incorporate in it and ended up with this recipe. Please don't be put off by the color, its very tasty and refreshing and perfectly safe for humans.Can be consumed with or without pulp.Come back Friday for a "New Moon" surprise.BTW. I am sending this as an entry for HealingFoods challenge hosted by Yasmeen.
- Bloody Beet - 1/2, chunked
- Blood Red Apple Drink Concentrate - 8 Fluid Oz(I used Apple & Eve Juice Concentrate)
- Pomegranate Arils - a handful
- Ice Cubes
- In a small pan, add the chunked beet and add water to barely cover it. Cook it for 10 minutes in low flame.Once its soft, switch off the stove and cool.
- Add the chunks, juice and the pomegranate arils to a juicer jar and blend.
- Drink as is or strain the pulp and consume with or without ice cubes.
My favorite Twilight Quotes: Edward Cullen(the vampire hero) Quotes to Bella Swan(the human heroine):
- If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.
- The sound of your heart is the most significant sound in the world..
- I prefer brunettes.
- Look after my heart.. I've left it with you..
- So the lion fell in love with the lamb..
- What if I am not the superhero? What if I was the bad guy?
- You are my life now..
- When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy..
- I've decided that if I'm going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly..
- Hell's not so bad if you get to keep an Angel with you..
- Yes, You are exactly my brand of heroin..