Pages

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving/Happy Holidays 2009

Print  Friendly and PDF
I wish all my fellow bloggers/friends a "Happy Thanksgiving". The recipe for this Cheese-N-Veggie Gobbler sandwich is from one of these magazines -- FamilyFun Or Parenting, October/November edition. Sorry, didn't pay attention to the month/name of these magazines. You see I came across this while I was in the Pediatric lounge, pensively waiting for my son's swine flu shots. I had to draw the picture on my palm so I don't forget how it looked like in the magazine.Lol. Since I had all the ingredients at home, I replicated this the same day and was patiently waiting a whole week to post about it.


Ingredients:
  • Wheat Bread - 2 slices, cut with a round cookie cutter, for the face and a small rectangle for the nose
  • Cheddar cheese Singles - 1, cut with a round cookie cutter(for the face), and 2 triangles for the beak
  • Bright colored peppers - assorted crescents, for the feather and a red crescent for the Wattle
  • Raisins - 2, for eyes
Procedure:
  • Assemble the cheese and wheat slices for the face on a flat plate.
  • Arrange the crescents for feathers around the face.
  • Perch the rectangle wheat slice on the face for the nose.
  • Place raisins for eyes.
  • Angle the cheese triangles for the beak.
  • Place the red crescent for the wattle.
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

8 comments:

  1. cool idea and looks great....fun doing for kids.
    first time on your blog and i found it great.
    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow you are so creative..Hope you had a great Thanksgiving !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey all,
    Thanks a bunch. Yes I had a great thanksgiving. After cooking up a storm, I am so pooped that I didn't log in to post about it yet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)