Pages

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Immunity Boosting Salad - Packed with Vitamin C

Print  Friendly and PDF
Did you know that Flu Season starts to peak during November and continues to peak until April?I didn't know either until I stumbled onto a website that claims it is so. So I will take their word. People who don't care to get the seasonal/swine flu shots should do everything to stay healthy. That means boosting the immune system with Vitamin C rich food. Ever since this swine flu breakout, I am in a perpetual state of worry wondering if/what/when I might get infected with HINI or any other strain of virus. I am doing everything to NOT get sick and pass it on to my little one, starting from washing my hands religiously to eating right..Anyways, here is a recipe that is good for the body, both inside and out, packed with Vitamin C and Antioxidants(Dark leafy Greens + deep colored Veggies/Fruits).I don't care for the store bought fatty dressing cause it negates the purpose of eating healthy. So I just use seasoned Olive oil as a dressing for this.Sending this as an entry for HealingFoods challenge hosted by Yasmeen.


Ingredients:
  • Dark Leafy Greens - a handful(European Mixed Greens)
  • Red, Yellow and Orange Mini Peppers - 1 each (maybe roasted for an additional flavor)
  • Sweet Clementines/Mandarin Orange/Any Orange Segments - a handful or slightly more
  • Pomegranate Arils - a handful
  • Seedless Grapes - a handful
  • Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
  • Cracked Pepper - 1/2 tsp
  • Salt - a dash
Procedure:
  • Mix the greens, veggies and fruits in a bowl.
  • Whisk the Olive oil with salt and pepper.
  • Pour over the salad and gently mix.
  • Refrigerate prior to eating or not(I prefer it slightly cold)
Enjoy!


Check this post of mine for more tips about preventive measures and such..
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

3 comments:

  1. Dear lassie
    Just superb and innovative indeed. I can get the flavor, the mini peppers, olive oil, cracked pepper!!!
    Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)