Pages

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009 Cookathon -- "When it Rains, It Pours"

Print  Friendly and PDF

Ahem, everyone,I am back with a post after a double-day Cookathon for Thanksgiving day.I hope everyone who celebrated Thanksgiving had a nice time bingeing/boozing with family and friends.
This year Thanksgiving was at my home with kith and kin. When I had agreed to do this, I hadn't realized what a trying chore it would be.As usual I had dreamt bigger and created a mega-menu of 22 dishes ranging from Appetizers-Soups-Maincourse-Dessert.Two days prior to Thanksgiving I concluded that it would be an impossible feat. So I had to curtail the menu,skipping a few and finally ended up with 17 dishes. BTW, I couldn't have made this all possible if not for my dear dear friends who came a day early to help me cook these wonderful dishes. So this year I am really truly thankful for having such wonderful friends who are a true example of the phrase "A friend in need is a friend indeed". Am I lucky or what?Thanks, girls.

Thanksgiving 2009 Menu-card:
I have only given the generalized menu since I don't want to spoil the surprise. Some of the recipes are mine but most of them are from fellow bloggers who were kind enough to let me borrow their recipes and from bosom buddies.The details will be revealed as and when I post the recipes. So keep checking periodically.So here goes the menu..
Appetizers/Starters:
  • Stuffed Mushrooms and Stuffed Mini Peppers
  • Chip and  Dip
Main Course:
  • Veggie Pilaf
  • Fruity Rice
  • Veggie Lasagna
  • Cumin Rice
Sides:
  • Navratan Kurma
  • Gravy Chicken
  • Chunky Lamb in Mint Gravy
  • Raita
  • Rasam (Pepperjuice)
Dessert:
  • Cookie in a cup
  • Fruity Kesari
  • Stuffed Fruit
  • Butter Cookie
  • Stove-top Pudding
  • Halwa
My Kitchen - "A calm after the storm": This is where all the magic happened -

I will post the recipes soon. At the moment I am completely drained of energy from all that cooking.Need plenty of R&R to get back to normal. So see ya guys.
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

12 comments:

  1. Wow.. all the dishes look yummy.. especially the desserts :) Hope you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow.. Great to know that you had a bash!! Come back soon with an interesting post!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome menu! thats tremendous and am sure you do need rest. Can't wait to read the recipes tho' and you know what my kitchen is similar design as yours...Same pinch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Great job....Waiting to see all the great recipes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys. I can't wait to post the recipes too..Ouch Raje! That pinch was painful. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wat a lovely spread!!seems u guys enjoyed relishing those delicious dishes..however ur kitchen looks too clean and beautiful even after making out those droolworthy dishs, have a complete rest yaar..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tempted to pick my serving too.... both from the display & the menu..... Neat & Tidy, good looking kitchen space.... Serves the purpose....

    Happy Celebrations to u & your family!!!!

    All drooling & slurp 'y!!!! over those exquisite pics of ur celebrations....

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. 17 dishes for a day, hummm, you've got lots of energy!!!

    I see you had a wonderful thanksgiving with all those delicious dishes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow...everything looks soo yummy!! cant wait to get the recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good Job. Everything looks delicioso.

    Not only you are lucky to have good friends, your friends are lucky too to have such a good cook as a friend.

    Looks like everyone had a blast on Thanksgiving day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow,your kitchen looks really clean after all those cooking! Great work :) All items look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. May be that is called cooking up with storm.....waiting for the recipes...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)