Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

TwilightSagaFood: Edward Cullen's 'Twilight' FruitNVeggieVamp Drink (No animals were tortured to make this drink)

Print  Friendly and PDF
"Twilight" When You can live forever, what do you live for?

Okay, do not laugh. I am a sucker for all vampire novels/movies. Why wouldn't I? The idea of Eternity, Superior Senses and Ravishing Looks certainly appeals to me. Coming to the point, people say that Ms.Meyer's Twilight Series is for young adults. I say its for young-adults and adults-young-at-heart. Reading those books made me feel bubbly like a Champagne and a perma-smile pasted on my face for quite sometime.I read all the four books in 3 days..something of an accomplishment with a young toddler. So what does a twi-hard fan do to show her support for the second edition movie release? She makes a drink in honor of the most gorgeous vampire characters of all time -- Edward Cullen played by Robert Pattinson. BTW, my hubby frowns at me whenever I drool at that "Tall drink of water"(who is atleast a half-a-dozen years younger). Lol.
     Anyways, once the idea of beet-n-apple drink took root in my mind, I was of thinking of what other things I can incorporate in it and ended up with this recipe. Please don't be put off by the color, its very tasty and refreshing and perfectly safe for humans.Can be consumed with or without pulp.Come back Friday for a "New Moon" surprise.BTW. I am sending this as an entry for HealingFoods challenge hosted by Yasmeen.

Ingredients:
  • Bloody Beet - 1/2, chunked
  • Blood Red Apple Drink Concentrate - 8 Fluid Oz(I used Apple & Eve Juice Concentrate)
  • Pomegranate Arils - a handful
  • Ice Cubes
Procedure:
  • In a small pan, add the chunked beet and add water to barely cover it. Cook it for 10 minutes in low flame.Once its soft, switch off the stove and cool.
  • Add the chunks, juice and the pomegranate arils to a juicer jar and blend.
  • Drink as is or strain the pulp and consume with or without ice cubes.
Makes 1 Serving.

My favorite Twilight Quotes: Edward Cullen(the vampire hero) Quotes to Bella Swan(the human heroine):
  • If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I'm not ashamed of it.
  • The sound of your heart is the most significant sound in the world..
  • I prefer brunettes.
  • Look after my heart.. I've left it with you..
  • So the lion fell in love with the lamb..
  • What if I am not the superhero? What if I was the bad guy?
  • You are my life now..
  • When I told you that I didn't want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy..
  • I've decided that if I'm going to Hell, I might as well do it thoroughly..
  • Hell's not so bad if you get to keep an Angel with you..
  • Yes, You are exactly my brand of heroin..

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

9 comments:

  1. OMg!!!! thats a wonderful Post...
    u know wat i do such kind of things, like make the food that some particular characters in some novels made, just to know that whther i ll get the same taste i got, while reading..Though it sounds weird to many, i still enjoys it..hahhahah...so we have somthing in common too...
    Though i have read the Twiiight series, I m not a gr8 fan..just okie ..okie...
    i am excited to See what will b ur New moon surprise on its release day..[:)]..
    Btw..Drink looks awesome..Wat an eye catching color..No wonder vampires love blood ..[:)]..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..your drink looks sooo bloody!!! I too am like you i love all those magical and immortal stuffs..my husband makes fun of me saying that i am still a child..but hey its good isnt it..!!!
    I too am waiting for the release of the movie..dont get time to read with a kid and studies and stuff!! cant wait to c ur surprise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah,
    Ms.Meyer had me at the preface of Book1 where she says about how noble it is to die in place of someone..Such kinda sentiments get to me as I am a very sentimental female..anywayz, tx for ur lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Lassie
    Thats a great introduction! I am tempted to put a dash of Vodka and gin into it ..for old time shake "Bloody Merry"...
    Let me look for some black attire , I have to be ready for the new moon delight. ( May be I will pull out a black sari of my wife from the stores secretly)
    Happy drinking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gal Just smiling at your love for the twilight series.. I am a great fan of books but never had a chance for this one..But now you've kindled my interest and I am gonna join the bandwagon! :)
    You drink....eekks....Looks too gamy..But definitely sounds delicious..!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that makes a reddish bloody delight!!! i must be ready for a bloddy night today , hehehe, that must be naturally sweetened, nice drink!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I donno about twilight novel,but the drink sure sounds exotic :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ushnish: U have a dry sense of humor. Keep it coming.

    Yasmeen: Certainly delish.

    Rohini: Looks bloody but isn't overwhelming. Boiled beet plays the mellow role.

    Saju: Totally with you on that sister. babies are a blessing 99% and 1% pain, but bearable. I love myth, fiction laced with romance. Most Guys can't see beyond Action and adventure...my hubby is the same.

    Akka: Yes Akka. Sweet juice minus the sugar.And tastes splendid too..I love it with plenty of ice cubes.try it and u'll like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sorry but, will you marry me?? I mean, I'm married...to a man, but I think I'm in love with you, or this post, or both. I don't know; my brain is all fuzzy, and I just know you have my head spinning with ideas! We have this thing in my house where whenever a movie we love comes out on DVD, we have a little "party". Basically that just means I cook something silly and theme oriented for me and my husband that night. He's promised to watch New Moon with me, so I'm copying at least one of these ideas! If I can pull it off, I'll post it with a link to your blog. Thanks for being so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)