Pages

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Wheat,Wheat Bran SweetPotato Mini Muffins

Print  Friendly and PDF
This is a yummylicious, wholesome dessert to have around when hunger-attack strikes..Ages ago, prior to the popularity of blog sites, I had picked the base recipe from one of the google-search sites. I don't remember which one though..I played around with it and substituted wheat+wheat bran instead of all-purpose flour replaced eggs with honey and milk, varied the proportions of certain ingredients, entirely skipped some and came up with this recipe which is perfect as per me and members of my household. I am not against eggs, believe me. I love eggs but not in the dessert.Atleast not when I am making it at home. So I try to avoid it as much as I can in my dessert recipes. The eggs weren't missed. I am not against all-purpose flour either. Just like the wheat-flour flavor better than it. The end result is muffins that are moist and scrumptuos.


Ingredients:
  • Wholewheat Flour - 1/2 cup, unsifted
  • Unprocessed Wheat Bran - 1/4 cup
  • Sweet Potato - 1 1/2 cups,shredded finely(Use box grater's fine-grate side)
  • Brown Sugar - 3/4 cup, packed
  • Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
  • Allspice Powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Salt - 1/4 tsp
  • Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
  • Skimmed Milk - 2 tbsp
  • Honey - 1 tbsp
  • Craisins - 1 tbsp
  • Walnuts/Almonds - 1 tbsp, roughly broken
Procedure:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  • In a bowl, mix wheat, wheat bran, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice and salt.
  • In another bowl, mix the finely shredded sweet potato, brown sugar, dry fruits and nuts.
  • Mix the contents from both the bowl with oil,vanilla extract, honey,milk. The resulting mixture will be thick like a dough.
  • Grease the wells of the muffin pan with  little oil.
  • Using a spatula, spoon the mixture into the wells of the muffin pan, leveling at the rim.
  • Bake at the top rack of the oven for 35 minutes.
  • Cool for 10 minutes prior to removing the muffins.Serve warm or at room temperature.


Makes 12 Mini Muffins.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)