Pages

Saturday, October 31, 2009

MYOB(MakeYourOwnBurger): Red Bean, Beet and SweetPea Burger

Print  Friendly and PDF
It seems like this is a Burger week at my home. I have been making patties almost everyday this week.Today I wanted a pinkish burger and I was thinking what ingredients to mix and match. So this was a trial and error for this combo pattie. I kept my fingers crossed till I tasted the first one. I was so overjoyed that it came out so good, I took pictures and didn't want to wait to post about it.

Ingredients:
  • Red Bean - 15 ounces, canned or freshly cooked
  • Beet - 1 , shredded
  • Garlic - 3 Cloves, minced
  • Red Onion - 1, small, diced
  • Salt - for taste
  • Cracked Pepper - 1 tsp
  • Sweet Peas - 1/2 cup, roughly smashed
  • Stale Pumpernickel Bread - 3-4 slices, ground into crumbs,for binding
  • Olive oil - 4 tbsp
  • Choice of Bread or Rolls
  • Mixed Greens
  • Fixings - Choice of Ketchup, Pickles, Dijon Mustard, Cheese singles, Avocado, Tomato etc etc
Procedure:
  • In a bowl, smash the red bean coarsely. 
  • Add the salt, pepper, cut onions, minced garlic, smashed peas to the bowl.
  • Add the ground breadcrumbs to the bowl and mix gently using hands.
  • Divide the mixture to 6-8 even balls and form patties. The dough shouldn't unravel. If it does, add more breadcrumbs and form a thick mixture.
  • In a skillet, heat the olive oil and cook the patties in batches 3-4 minutes per side on a medium flame.
  • Patties can be consumed just as is or on burger buns.
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. Very good and healthy receipe. Usaully i make burgers with chicken or turkey patties, never ever imagined about veg patties, so thought of giving this a try and it was very tasty.
    My kid loved it..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)