Pages

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mango N Peach Lassi: A Sweet Addiction

Print  Friendly and PDF
My all time addiction is mango lassi, that is generally made of fresh mango, sugar, spice and yogurt blend.I like to experiment with my lassi and found out that peaches in mango lassi are a welcome addition!Everytime I sip this drink,its like my taste buds have died and gone to heaven.A few months ago, I had gone to my neighbour's babyshower hosted at an Indian restaurant where one of the dessert  was a fruit salad with mango lassi as a sauce. Mango lassi as a sauce??Hmm, interesting! I had to come home and give it a try while the taste still lingered in my tongue and mind,you know!  I was glad I did. It came out better than I had expected and now its a frequent occurrence in the house.The mango season is long gone but I make do with canned pulp.

Ingredients:

For Lassi:
  • Sweetened Mango Pulp - 1 cup, any brand(I use Deep's Kesar Mango Pulp)
  • Ripe Peach - 1
  • Yogurt - 1 cup, best quality
  • Sugar - 1 tbsp (optional)
  • Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Puree all the above ingredients in a blender and chill for an hour before serving.

For Fruit Salad:
  • Pear, Peach, Grapes, Pineapple, Cherry - 1 cup, chopped
  • Mango N Peach Lassi - 1 cup, chilled
Combine the fruits in a bowl and top it with prepared lassi.


Makes 2 Servings.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)