What do you do when you have a little bit of this and a little bit of that in the fridge and pantry?Grow fungi culture or make a colorful salad with the available assortments? You should know what option I chose. The outcome was gorgeously good. I am sending this recipe as an entry for "No Croutons Required" event hosted by Jacqueline @ TinnedTomatoes.
- Mixed Greens - 2-3 cups, cleaned and drained
- Roma Tomato - 1, medium, chopped
- Red Onion - 1/2, vertically slit
- Cucumber - 1/2, large, thinly sliced
- Carrot - 1/2, julienned
- Strawberries - 6, roughly chopped
- Tangerine - 1, peeled and segmented
- Corn Kernels - 1/4 cup, cooked, fresh or frozen
- Walnuts - a handful
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
- Balsamic Vinegar - 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- In a bowl, whisk olive oil with balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- In another big bowl, add the greens, onion, cucumber, strawberries, tangerine and corn kernels.
- Pour the dressing on top and gently mix.
- Sprinkle julienned carrot and walnuts on top.
- Serve immediately.