There are many ways to make this yummy dish but I like mine best when it is stuffed with Swiss Cheese, Chestnuts and Roasted Red pepper.Care should be taken when removing the seeds and membranes of the Jalapeno. The first time I touched the seeds, the heat of it got under my nails and my nail-beds were on fire for a couple of days in spite of repeated washing with hand soap. From then on, I wear gloves.
- Jalapeno - 6, medium
- Low fat Swiss Cheese - 5 tbsp, plain
- Roasted Chestnuts - 2, roughly smashed(click here to see how to roast a chestnut)
- Roasted Red Pepper - 2 tbsp, diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the Jalapeno vertically into 2 halves. Remove the seeds and membranes taking precaution not to touch them directly.
- In a bowl, whip the cheese, smashed chestnuts and roasted peppers.
- Using an angled spatula or a steak knife stuff the mixture into the hollowed-out jalapeno cavities.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and line the stuffed jalapeno in a single layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the top of the cheese becomes slightly crusty.