Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Health Mix Laddu Bites - Marble Sized Treats

Print  Friendly and PDF
This is another Diwali Special at my home that can be made in under 30 minutes. I know there are a lot of laddu varieties but I am sure this is quite unheard of.It all started like this:Whenever I go to an Indian store I buy this on an impulse, vowing to make something out of it but sadly I never do.When my MIL came to visit me last year she saw that the Health Mix Powder was simply occupying pantry space.She suggested it and a new idea was born.

Ingredients:
  • Manna Health Mix Flour - 1/2 cup, sifted (This is available in Asian/Indian stores)
  • Sugar - 1/2 cup or less, powdered
  • Butter or Ghee - 4 tbsp, melted
  • Cashews - 2 tbsp, roughly broken
  • Raisins - 1 tbsp
Procedure:
  • In a skillet, add the melted butter/ghee, add the cashews. Once browned, add the raisins.
  • Reduce the flame to medium and add the sifted flour and stir gently until the flour starts releasing the aroma.
  • Switch off the stove and add the powdered sugar.
  • While the mixture is still warm, start making marble sized balls with both hands.The balls can be consumed right away.
Makes ~12 marble sized balls.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

1 comment:

  1. Ur diwali entries are awesome..Thank u for sending to the contest..it been published now..u can check it out in my blog...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)