Right after I made this yummy soup, I had to quickly take the pictures as I couldn't wait to slurp it.Its that good.I am sending this as an entry to My legume Affair Event started by Susan, guest hosted by Jeanne@ the CookSister! and to Cooking For Infants and Toddlers event hosted by RV @ SourashtraKitchen and Sudeshna's Cook Like a Bong.
- Black Eyed Peas - 2 cup, cooked and drained
- Mushrooms - 1 cup, stalked and halved
- Carrot - 1, crinkled or horizontally cut
- Zucchini or Green Squash - 1/2, vertically cut to about 1 inch long
- Crushed Canned Tomato - 3 tbsp
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Vegetable Stock - 3 cups
- Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
- Red Onion - 1, medium, finely chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Cracked Pepper - 1 tsp
- Salt for taste
- Parsley - 2 tbsp, chopped (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the oil and add the bay leaf, garlic and onions and saute until onions are browned.
- Add the Mushrooms, Carrot, Zucchini, crushed tomatoes and saute until they lose a little of the rawness.
- Pour in the stock and follow-up with pepper, salt.
- Bring to a boil for 6-7 minutes until the liquid is considerably reduced.
- Add the cooked Black Eyed Peas and cook further for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
- Ladle it into a bowl and dig in.