This is a lip-smacking dish that can be made in no time(if pre-cleaned shrimp is used)
- Shrimp - 1 lb(about 35 medium shrimps), peeled, de-veined
- Onion - 2 medium, diced
- Roma tomato - 3, medium, diced
- Fennel Seeds - 1 tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ginger/Garlic Paste - 1 - 11/2 tbsp
- Mint - 1 cup, finely chopped
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/8 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 tsp or more
- In a bowl, marinate the shrimp in lemon juice, turmeric powder and black pepper.
- In a saute pan, heat oil, add the fennel seeds. Once fried, add the onions and brown it.
- Follow-up with ginger/garlic paste and fry until the raw smell is gone.
- Add the mint to the pan and fry a couple more minutes.Throw in the diced tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes until tomato loses shape.
- Add the salt, chilli powder and give a gentle mix. Finally add the marinated shrimp and cook with lid on for 7-8 minutes and without the lid for a few more minutes until a thick gravy-like consistency is reached.
- Serve hot with rice or roti.