Day4 of Stuffed Delicacies -- Cheese Stuffed Jalapenos. Who can say no to this favorite American Snack? With its delicious combo of Spicy Pepper and Cheese filling, its no wonder why this mouthwatering snack is a party favorite. Everyone does it differently. I posted one of my variation - Swiss Cheese,Chestnut and Roasted Red Pepper Stuffed Jalapenos - ages ago. This is another way I do it and I have at-least half a dozen more.
- 5 Jalapenos
- 3-3/4 ounce (105g) Reduced Fat Cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 3 Tbsp Yellow Onions, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro
- 1/2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Cracked Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Clean and halve the Jalepenos. Scoop out the seeds and membranes.
- Heat the Olive oil in a small skillet and saute the chopped onions. Cool it completely.
- Filling: Mix both the cheeses, sauteed onions, cilantro and pepper in a bowl.
- Stuff the hollowed peppers generously with the filling.
- Line an ovenproof baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the peppers on the sheet.
- Bake the peppers for 12-15 minutes until the top is slightly browned and crusty.