BM#11: I have already told you about my new found love about Iron Pots and Pans. I am extending that love towards caring them as well.This is how I care for my Iron pans after I am done cooking with them. Religiously!
- After cooking whatever with the Iron pan-
- Clean it with warm water and mild soap. Never soak an Iron pan with water. After cleaning I sometimes notice that it still have some "residual" smell. So I boil some water in it.
- Pour it out and wipe it clean of moisture. Spray some vegetable oil to the insides of the pan.
- Smear it all over the pan with paper towel.
- Wipe the excess with a clean paper towel.
- Line the pan with a fresh paper towel and store it. Care for your pan and it will serve you well over the years. :)