Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Best of 2011, "My Favorite Fifteen" from Pan Gravy Kadai Curry

Print  Friendly and PDF
I wish all my beloved readers a very Happy and Prosperous New Year 2012!!

As another year comes to an end, I fondly look back to  see what I posted this year and pick out "My Favorite Fifteen" recipes. Every recipe was created and shared with great love and care. So believe me when I say narrowing it down to 15 from 100+ posted recipes was tough. So here is what made the "Top 15" list -
  1. First "Food" Post of 2011: Boiled Fruit Cake

  2. Best Photo (According to me anyway): Beet Sliders, from scratch

  3. Most Enjoyable Baking(I baked with friends, sharing jokes and tips, ordering them around to weave the Lattice crust for me..Oh, yeah, it was most enjoyable! Esp, the bossy part): Lattice Crust Topped Berry Tart

  4. The recipe that nearly drove me to tears(With all the layering of cake batter to achieve the perfect zebra pattern,it was indeed nerve-wracking that I wanted to bawl..badly! Phew!): Zebra Cake

  5. The dish that impressed me even before I tried(Love the name, Love the taste): Kenyan Sukuma Wiki With Collards and Ground Turkey

  6. Favorite "Sweet" Breakfast #1( I "Heart" this Muffin. Bigger is better, in this case!): Heart Shaped Jumbo Banana Nut Muffins

  7. Favorite "Sweet" Breakfast #2(This recipe's success made me feel like I climbed Mt.Everest): Egg-less "Flaxseed Meal" French Crepes with Banana Nutella Filling

  8. Favorite "Savory" Breakfast #1(A protein packed nourishment for a perfect start! Yeah, baby, pass me the plate!): Sunday Morning Hash with Spanish Olives and Potatoes

  9. Favorite Vegetarian Dish(Making everything from scratch is good for the body and soul. Very rewarding dish! Love the colors!!!): Ragi Noodles/Spaghetti  with Loads of Veggies

  10. Favorite Chicken Dish #1(A treat for anyone who loves sweet and savory in the same bite!): Easy Pineapple Chicken Curry

  11. Favorite Chicken Dish #2(This spicy chicken dish can ward off Winter Blues at the very first bite!): Chicken In Pickling Spices "Achari Murgh"

  12. Recipe that helped me get over the fear of Yeast( An ice-breaker! What a lovely post, if I have to say so myself..it helped me forge a path and now there is no turning back on Yeast): Sweet-Potatoes and Veggies Stuffed "Palya/Masala" Buns/Rolls

  13. Recipe that cracks me up everytime I hear its name(LoL, RoFl, LoL!): Pasta Puttanesca "Slut's Spaghetti/Whore's Pasta"

  14. Recipe that was most appreciated by Family, Friends and PGKC's Readers(A real joy to eat and look at!): Red Matta Rice Pancakes

  15. Favorite "Savory" Breakfast #2(Fiber Up, Darlings!): Rolled Oats Porridge with Veggies
Sending this entry to Srivalli's "Best of 2011" Event.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

5 comments:

  1. Happy new year wishes to u and ur family..Incredible dishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic dear !!!
    Wish you a very Happy New Year...
    According to me .. Zebra Cake is the beauty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely set of dishes..thanks for sending this..enjoyed reading the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drooled looking at pics,..:) perfect post ,wish ya great year ahead,.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful photo food journey!

    Happy New Year!

    Cheers.
    Velva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)