Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

How to Pack Lunch For Kids

Print  Friendly and PDF
BM#11I was intending to post something else for today but that experiment went awry. Oh, Bummer!! Ergo, I didn't want to post something that didn't end up right. This was the backup post that I have been intending to post sometime next year! But you all get to see it this year itself! Sweet, no??

I find packing lunch  for my son a major challenge! Probably one of the Top 5 challenges ever. One thing is always on my mind, lingering like a cold virus that won't let go -- What to pack, what to pack?? To top it, I keep constantly wondering whether the warm lunch I pack for my little one stays warm until lunchtime.Eating warm food isn't just for adults, you know. Kids love to eat warm foods too. My son eats an extra bite or 2 if the food is warm, especially in the winter.  The pre-school he goes to doesn't warm lunch for kids. :(   That is so sad!

While the "Thermos" lunch box promises to keep food warm for "n" number of hours I don't really know. I haven't put it to test. But I do ensure that I do everything on my side to make sure the food is warm until noon. This trick is something that I learnt from a fellow pre-school mom. I am open to ideas and if you have a better trick up your sleeve, feel free to share it in the comment section. 

Re-cap of what I posted for the "How To" theme this week:
Procedure:
  • Pick any thermos lunch box. Pour hot bubbling water into the box up to the "inner rim". 
  • Close the lid tightly. But opening is a bit difficult due to steam.
  • When the food is ready to be filled up, discard the hot water and wipe the insides clean with paper towel. The insides of the thermos will be hot and that is the way we want it.
  • Immediately transfer the hot/warm food into the box and close it.
  • This simple step will help the Thermos do its job better. Atleast that is what I think. 
Hope this helps!!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

  1. Wow that's interesting CL..the boxes look so cute..Glad that you joined for BM

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the cute way you explained in detail...so sweet!
    Happy New Year dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to buy one of those Mr. Bento thermos things like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow this will definitely help, my kid is too young for this, but eventually there will be need for this, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I do when I pack mac and cheese for my daughter's lunch. At least it only has to stay hot until lunch not all day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip on packing lunch for kids. Luckily my son's pre-school has lunch program, but when he gets to kindergarten next year I would be doing the packing too.
    BTW, my son loved the car thermos and kept asking me whose it was!!
    Wish you and your family a very Happy & Prosperous New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lunchbox looks good Pavani. Yeah, it is sad that the school does not warm up lunch !!.

    May be I should try this sometime after buying a thermos. Right now it is the regular lunch box and every afternoon I think about how cold the lunch would be :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)