BM#11: I was intending to post something else for today but that experiment went awry. Oh, Bummer!! Ergo, I didn't want to post something that didn't end up right. This was the backup post that I have been intending to post sometime next year! But you all get to see it this year itself! Sweet, no??
I find packing lunch for my son a major challenge! Probably one of the Top 5 challenges ever. One thing is always on my mind, lingering like a cold virus that won't let go -- What to pack, what to pack?? To top it, I keep constantly wondering whether the warm lunch I pack for my little one stays warm until lunchtime.Eating warm food isn't just for adults, you know. Kids love to eat warm foods too. My son eats an extra bite or 2 if the food is warm, especially in the winter. The pre-school he goes to doesn't warm lunch for kids. :( That is so sad!
While the "Thermos" lunch box promises to keep food warm for "n" number of hours I don't really know. I haven't put it to test. But I do ensure that I do everything on my side to make sure the food is warm until noon. This trick is something that I learnt from a fellow pre-school mom. I am open to ideas and if you have a better trick up your sleeve, feel free to share it in the comment section.
Re-cap of what I posted for the "How To" theme this week:
- Day1: How To Remove Stickiness/Slime from Okra
- Day2: How To Care for Iron Pots and Pans
- Day3: How To Cut and Roast Chestnuts, the "relatively" easier way
- Day4: How To Boil Eggs
- Day5: How To Cut open, Scrape and Freeze Fresh Coconut
- Day6: How To Make Oat Flour from Old-Fashioned Oats
- Day7: How To Pack Lunch for Kids
- Pick any thermos lunch box. Pour hot bubbling water into the box up to the "inner rim".
- Close the lid tightly. But opening is a bit difficult due to steam.
- When the food is ready to be filled up, discard the hot water and wipe the insides clean with paper towel. The insides of the thermos will be hot and that is the way we want it.
- Immediately transfer the hot/warm food into the box and close it.
- This simple step will help the Thermos do its job better. Atleast that is what I think.