Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Celery And Salmon Stuffed Sweet Mini-Peppers

Print  Friendly and PDF
Mini sweet peppers are available in abundance during Summer. But about a month ago when I tagged along with DH to go shop @ Costco, I was pleasantly surprised to find bags of these cuties. MIL was also with us and she was asking me to prepare a nice and spicy treat for snacking.

I set out to make this appetizer/snack without a clue of what I wanted to stuff these peppers with. I just built this dish up just like how one builds a resume. So whatever I had in the fridge and freezer ended up as a stuffing -- A lone celery stick, a few chopped onions, cherry peppers,a stale bread slice and a few frozen salmon fillets. How did it turn out? Yum-O, if I have to say so myself. LoL


Ingredients:
  • 13-15#s Sweet Mini-Peppers
  • 3 Palm-sized Salmon Fillets, cleaned and dried on paper towels
  • 4 or less/more B&G Hot Cherry Peppers, roughly chopped (I always have them in stock. I am addicted to these)
  • 1 Celery Stick, thinly sliced
  • 4-5 Tbsp Chopped Onions
  • 1 Slice Stale White-Bread, toasted and crumbed
  • Cracked  Black Pepper, as needed
  • Salt for taste
  • Olive Oil for cooking
Procedure:
  • Sprinkle cracked pepper and salt on the fillets. 
  • In a thick bottomed saute pan, add little oil and sear the salmon on both sides, 2 minutes per side. Do not fully cook the salmon. They will have a chance to get fully cooked when they are stuffed into the peppers.
  • Cool and crumble the salmon. Set aside.
  • Clean the peppers.Keep the crown intact,slit the peppers without completely cutting them open. Remove the seeds and membranes using a spoon. 
  • Chop the hot cherry peppers. 
  • In the saute pan, add little oil and saute the chopped onions, celery and hot cherry peppers. 
  • Switch off the stove. Transfer the crumbled salmon to the pan. 
  • Add the bread crumbs and mix well.Add salt and pepper if needed. This is the stuffing. 
  • Stuff the peppers with this filling. Add 2-3 tbsp of oil to the pan.Brown the stuffed peppers in the pan, 3-4 minutes per side. Close the lid and cook until it starts to wrinkle. 
  • Flip the peppers gently from side to side until there are brown spots. 
  • When they peppers start to wrinkle and there are plenty of brown spots on the pepper it is an indication that its done.. 
  • Enjoy this filling peppers as an appetizer or a snack! 

Vegetarian Alternative:
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

6 comments:

  1. I saw these at Costco too!....was very tempted ....but didnt get them ;((...stuffing with salmon looks tempting...make for a whole meal by itself!...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..I can't take my eyes from the stuffed peppers..Such an amazing filling gone into the beautiful peppers..Nice recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely idea... I love stuffed peppers and the idea of using salmon is yummy..:))
    Reva

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so creative! These look great and I like the size of the little sweet peppers. I can't wait to pick some up and try this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the salmon stuffing...got to buy some peppers now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cant take my eyes from those stuffed mini peppers,stunning clicks..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)