This is so simple that it doesn't need more than 30 minutes from start to finish. Most of you know that is the kind of cooking that I like the best. I love to have this hot steaming egg fried rice with seafood/meaty side-dish or with mixed vegetable curry. Either way it tastes exceptionally good. FYI,recipes for both the sides in the photo will be posted soon. But for the time being here are a few 'choice' sides - Stuffed Peppers, Stuffed Eggplants, Chicken in Walnut Gravy, Moroccon Chicken with Apricots N Cashews, Minty Shrimp.
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice, soaked for 30 minutes prior to cooking
- 5 Eggs whites & 3 Egg Yolks, whisked together with little milk
- 1 large Yellow Onion, vertically slit
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 4-5 Green Chillies, vertically slit
- 1 stalk curry leaf, optional
- 1/2 tsp or more Cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt for taste
- In a deep skillet, add a tbsp of oil and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Add the slit onions, ginger-garlic paste, green chilli once the mustard starts sputtering.
- Saute until the onions are browned. Sprinkle the cracked pepper.
- Drain the soaked basmati rice completely of water and add to the pan.
- Stir gently for a couple of minutes and then add water(usually 1:2, depends on the rice too).
- Lid the pan and cook the rice on a medium flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Stir in the whisked eggs and gently mix. Cook for another 8-10 minutes or till the rice is done.
- Serve with any side-dish of choice. Here are some choices - Stuffed Peppers, Stuffed Eggplants, Chicken in Walnut Gravy, Moroccon Chicken with Apricots N Cashews, Minty Shrimp.