This is a super quick curry to make when one is hard-pressed for time. I make this very often and eat it with brown rice. Lean protein from chicken and Vitamins B and C from mushrooms and peppers respectively along with the good Carb from brown rice makes for a substantial meal.
- 4 chicken thighs, skinned
- 8 Mini Peppers, roughly diced
- 8 Button/Cremini Mushrooms, cleaned and halved
- 1/2 Red Onion, fine diced
- 2 Roma Tomatoes, pureed
- 2 tsp(or less/more) Cracked Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt for taste
- 1 tbsp Thick Yogurt
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- A dash of Pepper powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Mix all the ingredients under "Marinade" and marinate the chicken for atleast 30 minutes.
- Shallow fry the peppers and mushrooms in a tbsp of oil for 5 minutes or so. Set aside.
- Heat the remaining tbsp of oil in the pan and bring it to a smoking point.
- Sear the marinated chicken until its browned on all sides.
- Add the chopped onions to the pan and fry along with the chicken until its translucent.
- Pour the tomato puree and add the cracked pepper and salt to the pan.
- Lid the pan and cook for ~10-12 minutes on medium flame until the chicken in almost cooked.
- Transfer the mushrooms and peppers to the pan and gently mix. Cook for 5 more minutes or until almost all the water has evaporated and remove from flame.
- Top this piping hot dry curry on top of brown rice and serve.