With the advent of dozens of snack choices post-blogging, this still has managed to stay as a family favorite for nearly a year. That is because its so tasty on top of being healthy.Just a couple of this will keep you sated for 2-3 hours due to the fiber-packed dry fruits in it. I almost always make these sugarplum balls with orange juice/pear juice as the binding ingredient but this time I had some Orange Liqueur left at home and I decided to use it up to make a grownup variation of this after getting the idea from 'Joy Of Baking' site.
- Pecan/Walnuts -a handful
- Dried sugar-free figs - 4
- Dates - 6, pitted
- Mariani Sun-Ripened Mixed Dry Fruits(Apricot, Apples, Plum, Peach, Pear) - 2 Cups
- Orange Liqueur like Grand Marnier - 2 tbsp
- In a food processor, coarsely blend(pulse) all the dry fruits and nuts with little bit of Orange Liqueur until they resemble a coarse meal.
- Divide the mixture into 10-12 bite-size balls and refrigerate for an hour before consuming.