I wanted to whip up a quick meal yesterday as I wasn't in the mood for any elaborate cooking(which is the case most of the times). I had some leftover Sauteed Seasoned Asparagus that I had made the previous day that came quite handy for making this excellent and filling meal. My DH gave me 2 thumbs-up for this dish.
- Sauteed Asparagus - 1 cup (Scroll below for Recipe)
- Rigatoni - 1 cup, cooked and chopped
- Lemon - Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- In a skillet, add a tbsp of olive oil and add the Sauteed Asparagus and Chopped Rigatoni.
- Toss it around until they are mixed evenly.
- Move it to a serving bowl and top it with the lemon juice.
- Serve Immediately.
Sauteed Asparagus(Yields 2 cups):
- Asparagus - 1 bunch
- Onion - 1, large, chopped
- Garlic - 3 cloves, diced
- Curry Leaves - 2 stalks, chopped
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilli - 2, chopped
- Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
- Salt for taste
- Curry Powder - 1 tsp
- Cut off the spears from the asparagus and clean it gently. Set aside.
- Discard the thick ends of the asparagus stalk. Clean the rest and horizontally chop them like thin discs.
- In a skillet, heat the oil, add cumin seeds, garlic, onion, chopped curry leaves and saute until onions are browned.
- Add the chopped asparagus and fry it for a couple of minutes along with turmeric powder, curry powder and green chillies.
- Sprinkle salt and toss around to evenly incorporate. Add the spears and switch off the stove.
- Serve with rice or use it with pasta for a nice filling meal.