Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sauteed Asparagus With Chopped Rigatoni

Print  Friendly and PDF
I wanted to whip up a quick meal yesterday as I wasn't in the mood for any elaborate cooking(which is the case most of the times). I had some leftover Sauteed Seasoned Asparagus that I had made the previous day that came quite handy for making this excellent and filling meal. My DH gave me 2 thumbs-up for this dish.
Ingredients:
  • Sauteed Asparagus - 1 cup (Scroll below for Recipe)
  • Rigatoni - 1 cup, cooked and chopped
  • Lemon - Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • Oil - 1 tbsp
Procedure(For Rigatoni With Sauteed Asparagus - 1 Serving):
  • In a skillet, add a tbsp of olive oil and add the Sauteed Asparagus and Chopped Rigatoni.
  • Toss it around until they are mixed evenly.
  • Move it to a serving bowl and top it with the lemon juice.
  • Serve Immediately.
Sauteed Asparagus(Yields 2 cups):

Ingredients:
  • Asparagus - 1 bunch
  • Onion - 1, large, chopped
  • Garlic - 3 cloves, diced
  • Curry Leaves - 2 stalks, chopped
  • Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
  • Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
  • Green Chilli - 2, chopped
  • Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Salt for taste
  • Curry Powder - 1 tsp
 Procedure(For Sauteed Asparagus):
  • Cut off the spears from the asparagus and clean it gently. Set aside.
  • Discard the thick ends of the asparagus stalk. Clean the rest and horizontally chop them like thin discs.
  • In a skillet, heat the oil, add cumin seeds, garlic, onion, chopped curry leaves and saute until onions are browned.
  • Add the chopped asparagus and fry it for a couple of minutes along with turmeric powder, curry powder and green chillies.
  • Sprinkle salt and toss around to evenly incorporate. Add the spears and switch off the stove.
  • Serve with rice or use it with pasta for a nice filling meal.
This makes its way to Presto Pasta Nights #158.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

43 comments:

  1. Loved the dish,it's simple ,delicious and healthy.yumm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lassie..this one looks soo good. Asparagus is one of our fav...WE have a recipe soon to be posted with asparagus..

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never thought about chopping the pasta...sounds like a good use of the leftover asparagus too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wat a fantastic dish, love those sauteed asparagus..yumm!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's an excellent quick fix, sounds delicious,mildly spiced and consistent , I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Bo:
    Lol. Dear that Rigatoni was too big for my mouth..so I had to chop it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one amongst those few veg that I have not tried till date.... Should taste awesome I guess... It is very popular among veggies.....

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  8. arent leftovers the best...and asparagus is my new found love

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rigatoni with asparagus sounds like a nice combo and fav of mine. I love asparagus in any dish. Nice recipe and looks mouth watering. Lovely click.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cool Lassie, it definitely looks great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lassie this is eliciously good and love that u have put up the signature there...its cool ,now i wanna add XoXo too :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  12. I liked your idea of chopping pasta and asparagus. Simple but filling meal.

    ReplyDelete
  13. till now i haven't tasted asparagus..that must be sounds funny..but some how i don't feel comfortable with the thought of how it must be tasted....but whenever i see some recipes on asparagus they really drive me crazy to try it out...now i really have to try....ur dish just looks awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  14. asparagus is in season.. love this asparagus, pasta combo. perfect for the season!

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow.. chopped rigatoni.. n curry leaves in the asparagus.. all sounds new n yummmm..definitely worth trying..great clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum, this looks so light and delicious! I love quick meals!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This looks great! I love that it is easy and healthy too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are so good at combining Indian flavors with Italian ingredients. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. lovely recipe...i make pasta w/asparagus too...i often end up baking in a marinara sauce...will try your version...

    ReplyDelete
  20. A seasonal ingredient to go with a warm bowl of pasta..this looks very fabulous Lassie. Nice click.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fantastic combination of pasta and asparagus - I love the spices you used! And I have to say that I'm enjoying the song Aadhavan Hasili Fisili! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow lovely preparation and healthy too :)

    Collect an award for you from...
    http://i-try-to-cook.blogspot.com/2010/03/coconut-rice-and-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  23. This dish loooks delicious and nice use os asparagus. Beautiful click too.

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is such a delicious pasta dish...love the interesting combination of asparagus and pasta :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. awesome combo of pasta and asparagus...irresistible pasta dish

    ReplyDelete
  26. Asparagus pasta is so right combination that the dish looks wonderfully prepared.

    Deepa
    http://hamareerasoi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Awesome, looks yum !! Never have tried anything with Asparagaus, love the greenchili, curry leaves and cumin in the saute. Must try sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks particularly delicious. I can't wait to try it. thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This dish screams springtime! I love that asparagus is in season now, and this recipe definitely highlights it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you honey for stopping by ny blog. Your comment meant very much to me, since I am new at blogging. I enjoy cooking and learning. I see that I have so much to learn from you, so I am now going to browse through your blog and learn. Thank you for following me.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  31. This looks so absolutely delicious! I have a craving to eat this exact dish now! Great entry for PPN =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)