The Guarantee - Eating this version of pancake(s) will put a smile on your face,a gleam in your eyes, a dance in your walk and a jaunt in your steps. Umm its true, a surefire thing. Scientifically speaking, Cocoa/Cocoa derivatives injects happy hormones in the blood and make people happy albeit temporarily. I have been making these pancakes ever since I came across the recipe in Google at least half a dozen years ago and every time I eat these pancakes, am subjected to all of the above changes. Have a stack of these with Honey or Log Cabin's Original Maple Syrup and fall in love.
- All Purpose flour - 3/4 cup, leveled
- Sugar - 4 tbsp
- Cocoa Powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Buttermilk - 1 cup
- Egg - 1, beaten
- Olive Oil - 1/8 cup
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Salt - a dash
- Oil for cooking
- In a bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder.
- To it add sugar and mix the dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, add egg, oil, buttermilk, vanilla extract and pour into the other bowl.
- Mix it gently with a whisk and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- In a skillet, coated with oil, pour a ladle full of batter and do not disturb or flip until you see holes on the top.
- Gently flip and cook for 2-3 minutes per side and stack them up on a serving plate.
- Serve warm with choice of honey or maple syrup with some chopped strawberries and walnuts.
- Go easy with the cocoa powder if you want light-colored pancakes