Pages

Thursday, April 29, 2010

ReviewAndARecipe:TriColor Rotini With Herbed Shallots, Mushroom N Green Squash

Print  Friendly and PDF
A few of my favorite things - Boiled Potato(Potato),Cooked Chickpea(Chickpea and Salt),Baked Salmon(Fish, Salt and Pepper), Tri-Color Pasta Dish(Veggies, Pasta, Oil and Ariosto Seasonings).Few Ingredient Fixing is what I like best. That doesn't mean I will compromise on flavor. No way! For this dish I used Ariosto's "Aglio e Peperoncino"- A very picante seasoning made with garlic, dry red chilli, sea salt, parsley and spinach.I used only 3/4 tsp for this recipe and that was a little too much. So now you know how spicy and flavor-packed it is.This is probably what I will make whenever "Easy does it" becomes the order of the day. This goes as an entry to this week's Presto Pasta Nights hosted at Thyme for Cooking.
Ingredients:
  • Tri-Color Rotini/Corkscrew pasta - 4 cups, cooked
  • Mixed Veggies(2 Baby Green-Squash, 10 Button Mushrooms, 1 shallot, 1 Roma Tomato) - 2 1/2 cups
  • Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Ariosto Seasoning "Aglio e Peperoncino" - 3/4 tsp
Procedure:
  • In a skillet, add the olive oil and saute the mixed veggies for 5-10 minutes.
  • Sprinkle the seasoning and add the cooked pasta.Mix gently until evenly incorporated.
  • Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and garnish with tomatoes and some shallot slices.
Makes 3-4 medium servings.

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

43 comments:

  1. wow, this looks yummy !!! I never had that brand seasonings before. I must try it now. and will quickly now check the secret ingredient :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this pasta dish looks really colourful and delicious..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pasta recipes just get better and better x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...pasta looks soo colorful and very tempting...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..cool dish..colorful..Love it Lassie...

    Love
    KS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Che pasta deliziosa e molto colorata! Bellissima. Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  7. thw coloured pasta looks so good...mine favourite too...i too love to cook them and njoy them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. voila une assiette remplie d'un bon mélange de saveurs, j'adore
    bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I really like these tri-colored pasta and use it often in my salads.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely! Thanks so much fro sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  11. delicious one yarr.the tricolor is really attractive.the color and the taste makes this dish superb..very healthy one too

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pasta looks really healthy with vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pasta dish...looks very colorful with all those veggies...the seasonings certainly sounds very interesting :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. very nice recipe dear.. I have this pasta sitting at home for quiet a long time now..need to fix them up soon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lassie
    Pasta Looks absolutely awesome. Loved the tricolor presentation of yours.

    Wonderful!

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how bright and summery this is! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. More spice mix! yay! I really need to get my hands on some of that stuff. This pasta looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the color in this...great picture too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Colourful and pleasant dish for eyes, truly catchy..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wooow dear pasta looks soo colourful n delicious,,well presented dear.

    ReplyDelete
  21. so i was close:)
    this one looks colourful..although im not much of an italian food fan these days (i guess its jus cos of over binging)i am hoping it will just be a phase and il be bak making more pasta bakes etc..

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was craving for a perfect pasta..Yours looks so wonderful with loverly click dear.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ha ha and the pasta sure does look delicious:-)
    Im having my first ever giveaway and hoping it would be a sucess:-)))

    any tips welcome :-)))
    http://brightmorningstarsfoodie.blogspot.com/2010/04/my-1st-sunshine-giveaway-thanxxx-aton.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. wow looks very colorful and yet an easy recipe...

    Hee Hee I was so close to turnip :( ... rutabaga , I got introduced to this veggie only by you. never heard this before .

    ReplyDelete
  25. A colorful and delicious pasta dish!

    ReplyDelete
  26. So colorful and delicious..My kids would devour this happily :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I used to love tri-colour fusilli as a child and I still do! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Lassie
    How are you?
    Will read all your missed blogs when home on saturday.
    I like this one , very nice indeed...
    Will try this , once I am out of 3 months Italian food hangover..
    Hvae a nice weekend
    ushnishda

    ReplyDelete
  29. i also used to buy this type of colour full pasta.....ur pasta loos colour full...and mouhwatering....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)