On days when I don't want to cook(but have to), I sometimes resort to these "2-Minute Maggi Noodles" for sustenance.Maggi Noodles are manufactured by Nestle` and are very popular in India, Australia, Brazil, Nepal and many other countries. True to what the brand claims they are quick cooking noodles that comes with a variety of seasonings. For this recipe, I used "Masala" flavor pack,jazzed it up with plenty of vegetables to make it a colorfully appealing and filling meal.In the US, they are available at almost all Indian/Asian stores.
- String Beans - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Bell Peppers in diff colors -1/2 cup, chopped
- Split Pea - 1/2 cup, fresh or frozen
- Carrot - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Red Onion - 1, small, chopped
- Maggi Noodles - 2 packets (Seasonings are included in the packet)
- Salt for taste
- Olive Oil - 3 tbsp
- Lemon Juice - Juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a skillet, add olive oil and saute onions,carrots, beans, bell peppers until the carrots are slightly browned.
- Sprinkle the seasonings from the Noodle packet and fry for a few more minutes.Add salt and check for taste.
- Bring plenty of water to boil in a sauce pot. When its start bubbling switch off the stove. Add the noodles and let it cook for 2 minutes. Drain the noodles and dump it into the skillet.
- Gently mix and transfer to serving bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice on top and serve hot.