This is a pizza that uses Mexican Tortilla for base, Italian Pasta Sauce as pizza sauce and Indian Cottage cheese(Paneer) as one of the toppings. Taste-wise, I can think of only one thing - Utterly Yum! And it takes "Under" 15 minutes to make. Yup, you read that right dears.Not trying to fool you, what with this being Fool's day and all. And if you are a fan of thin crust pizza(Read New york Style) then you will certainly love this.Hey, I am not biased and I am equally fond of deep dish pizza(Chicago Style) and anything else that remotely resembles a pizza.This makes its way to "International Pizza Pie Incident" Party held at Jeroxie's space.
- Tortilla - 2 (Wheat or Plain)
- Paneer - 1/2 cup, cubed and shallow-fried in a tbsp of oil
- Spinach - a handful
- Mozzarella Cheese - a handful, shredded
- Red Onion - 1/4, Cut into rings
- Garlic Powder - a dash
- Cumin Powder - a dash
- Salt for taste
- Pasta Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Olive Oil - 1 tbsp
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a skillet, warm the tortilla and place them one-over-other in an oven proof pizza-pan.
- In the same skillet, add a tbsp of olive oil, Wilt the spinach with garlic powder, cumin powder and little salt.Toss the onions real quick and set aside.
- Layer the top of tortilla with Pasta sauce, wilted spinach, paneer and onions.
- Top it with Mozzarella cheese and bake for 7-8 minutes,til, the cheese is melted and the edges of the crust begins to brown.
- Any Flat Bread can be used - Wheat Roti, Maida Roti, Pita. If using Pita, just use one.