Have your ever wondered how a combination of Pineapple,Carrot,Walnuts and Orange Zest would taste like in a bread? I craved for such a combo that I had neither made nor tasted elsewhere.So I googled for a recipe that would satisfy this curios craving. Surprisingly,I found one to my liking and decided to do a test-run in my kitchen. It tasted heavenly and I was extremely happy with the results. Was the craving appeased? Yes, for the time-being, but it has also induced a hunger for more of the same.The only change I made to the recipe was to substitute eggs with oil.
- All Purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup, melted
- Olive Oil - 6 tbsp
- Sugar - 3/4 cup (Use a little less for less sweet)
- Carrot - 3/4 cup, shredded
- Orange Zest - 1/2 tsp
- Crushed Pineapple - 6 tbsp, drained
- Skimmed Milk - 6-7 tbsp
- Walnuts - 1/4 cup, toasted and roughly broken
- Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
- Cinnamon powder - a dash
- Salt - a pinch
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, mix all the wet ingredients - butter, oil, milk, crushed pineapple, shredded carrot.
- In another big bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Add sugar, chopped walnuts and mix all the wet and dry ingredients together using an electric mixer.
- Grease 2 Mini Loaf Pans and transfer the mixture to both the pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes on the upper rack or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Important: Cool Completely prior to slicing.Else it will crumble.