A sweet start for a new year 2010!
- Carrots - 5, medium, peeled and roughly cut into chunks
- Sugar - 1 cup or more
- Milk - 8 cups
- Cardamom Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Saffron strands - a pinch, soaked in little milk
- Add the carrot chunks to a pressure pan with 2 cups of milk and pressure cook for about 15 minutes.
- Cool the pressure cooked contents and puree in a blender.
- Add the pureed contents to a stock pot with the remaining milk.
- Stir continuously for 5 minutes on a low flame and follow-up with sugar. Add more sugar if needed.
- Add cardamom powder and mix gently.
- Pour the soaked saffron strands and remove from heat.
- Cool prior to serving.
- Garnish with Saffron strands(optional)