Pages

Friday, January 22, 2010

Eggless Banana-Berry-Nut MiniMuffins and an Award

Print  Friendly and PDF
Hey you all, I came back on Tuesday from my almost-2-months vacation in India.Leaving the sunny shores for a cold blustery climate plus seeing my toddler son call for his paternal grandparents has given me the blues. Every morning he wakes up and goes like this - Mommy, where's Granpa? Where's Granny?  and then he picks one of his favorite HotWheels Sedan and goes Vroom Vroom to his grandparents' house. I get very upset when I see him pick the phone, talk to the dial tone and cry his heart out when there is no response. I miss my In-laws as well, especially my MIL. I know this sounds unbelievable but its true. My MIL may be a stern and forthrightly person but she has a heart of gold. I can't tell you how well she took care of me and my baby after I came back from my eye-surgery. Its as though, with my new vision I have acquired a new clarity, a dawning of comprehension if you will.
Anyways, to brighten the mood in the house, I have been making sweet treats and this eggless variation of Strawberry-Banana-Nut Mini Muffin is one such "mood brightener". I also would like to acknowledge an award from a sweet friend, Kitchen Queen.
Ingredients:
  • Ripe Banana - 1, mashed
  • Strawberry - 5-6, fine diced
  • Mixed nuts(Walnut, Cashew) - 3 tbsp, coarsely chopped
  • Wheat Flour - 3/4 cup
  • Brown Sugar - 2/3 cup
  • Olive Oil - 4 tbsp
  • Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
  • Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
  • Butter - for greasing the muffin wells
Procedure:
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
  • In a bowl, add the mashed banana, brown sugar and oil. Mix well.
  • In a seperate bowl, mix the flour with baking powder and baking soda.
  • Throw the flour mixture into the other bowl and mix gently using a whisk.
  • Add the chopped nuts and the diced berries and gently mix.
  • Top-off the greased muffin wells with the mixture(For a bigger muffin)
  • Bake in the middle rack of the oven for 20 minutes.
  • Let it rest for 15 minutes prior to scooping.
Makes 12 mini muffins.
Award from Kitchen Queen:
Thanks a bunch KQ. This certainly has brightened my spirit.
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award..Muffins look superb dea..i m anytime in..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love muffins. And these seem to be packed with so many flavours, delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your award!!! Lovely yummy muffins.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice egg less treat.... But well I am not 'egg'cited at all..... ;-)

    Ash...
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)