Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Rhubarb And Strawberry Crumble

Print  Friendly and PDF
Crumble, Crisp, Cobbler..whats your favorite? I like crumble better than the other two because it is equally tasty with fewer calories.Yes, the streusel-like topping for a crumble isn't as rich as the crisp which makes it "slightly" guilt-free.
Ingredients:
For the Fruit Filling:
  • 1 1/2 cup Rhubarb, thinly sliced
  • 4 cup Strawberry, sliced(I used ~25 mid-sized Strawberries)
  • 4 tbsp Granulated Sugar
  • 1 tbsp Cornstarch
  • 1 tsp Orange Zest
For the Crumble Topping:
  • 1/3 cup King Arthur All Purpose Flour
  • 1/3 cup Rolled Oats
  • 1/2 cup Brown Sugar, packed
  • 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter, softened
  • 1 tbsp Orange Juice
  • a pinch of Salt
Tool:
  • 7 X 13 Oven-Proof Baker
    Procedure:
    • Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
    • Grease the oven-proof baker with little butter/spray butter.
    • Mix all the ingredients under "filling" and add it to the oven-proof baker.
    • Combine All-Purpose Flour, Sugar, Butter, Orange Juice and Salt in a food processor until they resemble a coarse meal. Stir in the rolled oats.
    • Spread the topping evenly over the fruit filling and transfer to the oven.
    • Bake for about 40-45 minutes or until the fruit starts to bubble over and the topping is browned.
    • Serve at room temperature with a scoop of ice-cream.
    Note:
    • Once cooled, crumble can be refrigerated and served cold as well. Crumble tastes better the next day.

    Blog Widget by LinkWithin

    38 comments:

    1. Lovely...:) It's quite warm here can I have some please :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. divine dessert...lovely colors flow in ur recipes....yummmmmm

      ReplyDelete
    3. wow, that looks superb and mouth watering. Actually, frankly speaking, never had a crumble dish before, i see so many crumble recipes floating around that I have to try it now.

      ReplyDelete
    4. My fav is blue-berry cobbler..but I guess have to hook on to crumble..looks delicious..

      ReplyDelete
    5. cool cool lassie..cool cool dessert :D ;)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Rhubarb is the only vegetable i haven't tried yet. This one looks delicious. I will try.

      ReplyDelete
    7. Never made any of these but I would love too.. It looks inviting with the scoop of icecream...

      ReplyDelete
    8. Wat a gorgeous crumble, am drooling over that beautiful plate, very tempting..

      ReplyDelete
    9. This looks incredibly delicious. I love crumbles the best too! I will definitely try this. This is one of those dishes that I can never get enough of:)

      ReplyDelete
    10. I guess thats why crisp is my favorite, but your crumble certainly looks delicious! I would love to have a bowl of it right now, and dont forget the ice cream!

      ReplyDelete
    11. God this looks gorgeous! Crisp...crumble...as long as it's covered with some awesome topping and stuffed with some fruity deliciousness...I'm happy.

      ReplyDelete
    12. thats lovely...I especially like the colour. tried to make some this year but the cherries were too tart. wish I could have some right away.

      ReplyDelete
    13. ya,ya,ya...i scream for the ice cream!!!can I have some, pleeeeease?
      Thk

      ReplyDelete
    14. oh my that jus looks awesome..crumbles are always a 'yes' to me

      ReplyDelete
    15. Adore the streusel cake..and it's even better to serve them with ice cream!

      ReplyDelete
    16. Une recette bien gourmande. J'aime beaucoup ce dessert.
      Bon weekend et à bientôt.

      ReplyDelete
    17. rhubarb and strawberries are such a classic combo. i love the tartness of rhubarb in this. the oat crust sounds fantastic!

      ReplyDelete
    18. What a tempting spread that is!!! Non stop mouth watering.... All SLURPEE!!!! Deliciously captured palate..... :)

      Ash....
      (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

      ReplyDelete
    19. Never tried anything with rhubarb,looks delish.......

      ReplyDelete
    20. Rhubarb and strawberry pair up so perfectly.
      Great and delicious recipe ♥

      ReplyDelete
    21. Never had this . but your pictures is soooo inviting dear

      Deepa
      Hamaree Rasoi

      ReplyDelete
    22. yum yum- looks lovely...and the shots are perfect!

      ReplyDelete
    23. i like crumbles and crisps equally well. this one looks delicious. all the rhubarb in farmers market has been calling me for a while now too :)

      ReplyDelete
    24. Never tried rhubarb but I've always wanna try it. Love the clicks.

      ReplyDelete
    25. Superb..I have some rhubarb with me..Let me see whether I could try this one :-)

      ReplyDelete
    26. Hi dear! Delicious recipe!In my blog, award for you! Kisses

      ReplyDelete
    27. Lovely rhubarb crumble. Beautiful recipe and gorgeous photo.

      ReplyDelete
    28. I am drooling at the sight of this dessert.Looks delectable.

      ReplyDelete
    29. My favorite type of Summer desserts are crisps, crumbles, buckles and everything else that they are called. I would really enjoy your crisp, without a doubt.

      ReplyDelete
    30. delicious crumble, strawberrry/rhubarb never gets old! i like them both, so long as they're served with ice cream :))

      ReplyDelete
    31. Very interesting recipe dear. An award waiting for you at my blog, please collect it

      ReplyDelete

    Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
    XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)