These swirls look like a work of art, don't they? It makes one think that I spent ages to make this, doesn't it? Wrong. It took me under 30 minutes to make this. A very tempting appetizer that pretty much pleases all your senses.Oh, the base recipe is from the Pepperidge Farm package.
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff-Pastry
- 1/2 cup Shredded Monterey Jack or Muenster Cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 cup Spinach, Chopped
- 4 tbsp Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cracked pepper
- Thaw the puff pastry sheet for 30-40 minutes.
- Unroll the pastry sheet on a slightly dusted surface.
- Mix both the cheese with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Microwave the Spinach with a few sprinkles of water. Once wilted, squeeze the moisture from it and mix it with chopped red onion. Set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whisk the egg with a tbsp of water. Using a pastry brush, brush the pastry with a thin layer of egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the pastry with cheese mixture and the layer it with spinach-onion mixture.
- Gently roll the pastry, jelly-roll style and thin cut into 1/2-inch wheels.
- Place the wheels on a greased baking sheet, cut side down.
- Brush the top with egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till the edges are slightly browned.
- Serve warm