Pages

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

RecipeReplica:Sensational Mushroom Fry

Print  Friendly and PDF
This recipe is from a fellow blogger who certainly takes charge of the kitchen, which is "purportedly" a woman's domain. Don't all women love a man who can cook?Ushnish, posts authentic Indian, honest-to-goodness, detailed recipes with witty tales that makes all his posts an interesting read.At the end of every post he has a nice shot of everyday flowers, wild flowers, never-before-seen flowers that just brings a smile on my face. Very thoughtful and original! He also happens to be the first person who tried my Twilight Drink and continuously praises me for posting it. He is at the moment temporarily unretired, stationed in Italy and missing his family and a kitchen. I have picked one of his simple,yet sensational Mushroom fry recipe to post as a way of cheering him up.Click here to see more of his mouthwatering recipes.

Ingredients:
  • Button Mushroom - 20#s, medium-sized,  cleaned and thinly chopped
  • Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
  • Coarsely Cracked Pepper - 1/2 tsp
  • Olive Oil - 2 tbsp
  • Green Chilli/Serrano - 2, vertically slit (optional)
  • Salt
Procedure:
  • In a skillet, warm the olive oil and season it with cumin seeds.
  • Add the mushrooms and green chilli(if using) and saute gently but continuosly until the mushrooms are coated evenly with oil. 
  • Sprinkle the salt and pepper. Gently mix. 
  • Lid the skillet once the mushrooms start generating steam. Cook on a medium flame for 5-7 minutes.
  • Stir continuously till moisture is evaporated and mushrooms are dry.
  • Serve with baked fish, hot rice or as a stuffing for pita.
Award:
This beautiful "Blogger Friend Loyalty Award" was passed on to me by Simply.Food, a hub of "simple", yet sensational vegetarian recipes. Many Thanks dear.
I would like to pass this on to Ushnish and every other blogger buddy/follower. Please accept it.


Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

38 comments:

  1. Congrats our your award..and we must say that mushroom fry looks delicious...We love the way you name your dishes...:-)

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mushroom fry looks delicious and tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dear, just saw the semi homemade round up and you are the winner...Congrats Dear:-)very well deserved.. wish many more awards to come on your way...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mushroom fry looks healthy and delicious.Thanks for accepting the award.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can eat anything made out of Mashroom.So please pass it on to me this plate.Looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love anything that contains mushroom..looks super delicious and Tempting click!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love mushrooms...never thought of seasoning them with cumin...this looks delicious and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow the mushrooms are looking perfect, loved the seasoning there... Delectable... Congrats on your Award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mushrrooms my fav..the pic make me drooll:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this.. quick one for roti... looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love mushrooms. This looks like a fabulous recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, Ok Dear..let us include dry fruits too..do send in your entries..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love those mushrooms! U made me hungry again...hehehe ;) take care ya!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The plate of mushrooms look seriously good! so much flavour in that!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh! that is so sweet of you.... One could not ask for more...... And that prep is equally awesome... He must be cheered for sure, by the look of it... I'm sure.... God Bless u both.....

    Ash.....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tempting mushrooms. They looks so perfect and the click is too good.

    Chitchat

    ReplyDelete
  17. Definitely a sensational mushroom fry...yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love mushrooms and love this quickie..nice and fried..delicious..

    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. My all time fav veggie...Looks superb...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow!! mushroom fry looks truly sensational..yummy yumm.
    Congrats on ur award

    ReplyDelete
  21. The mushroom curry looks fantastic! such a lovely click too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. congratulations for the award dear!!!
    mushroom fry looks simple and delicious!!! that would be wonderful even with plain rice!!! I like Ushnishda's anecdotes and his recipes too!!! have a nice day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Saw you on Semi-homemade roundup..and you are the winner..Congarts.. Well derserved..
    First time here..very nice space ...loved it..

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats for your award. Mushroom is my favourite. Your post is very easy to prepare and looks great as well.

    Deepa

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh what a wonderful way to cheer a friend! mushroom fry looks yummy and delicious. congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! You've got some excellent food here. This mushroom dish looks fantastic, I really love the way you presented it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Congrats dear ! I wanted to try this too...looks scrumptious :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Dear Lassie
    I feel great that you tired it and liked it and I liked the little and judicious variation of adding pepper and jeeera seasoning. May be I will try it here itself, if I can make it in my pasta boiler ha ha ( No frying pan in kitchen,,,)
    Thank you so much for giving me an awarad. I am collecting it and will place in my blog, when I post one.
    have a nice week and more happy cooking
    Ushnishda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear K, sorry for delayed comments , have read all ur posts now, I loved the puffs and the stuffed Mushroom.
    I am so glad u tried Ushnishda's recipe. I love his preparations too, I am sure this must have really cheered him.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Well it is so funny when I click upon your blog,Vijay greets me with "Chinna thamarai song " ;)Never been a mushroom girl...but yours is quite tempting !!

    ReplyDelete
  31. saw many of your recipes today n i am thrilled ....
    i am surely going to read all your posts ASAP..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)