This is my egg-less variation of Singing Chef's Beet N Cocoa Muffins that I made over the weekend for my Mom who came for a visit and who also happens to be a staunch Lacto-Vegetarian.Obviously she was pleased with my effort and the outcome of this endeavor.This makes its way to "Tried and Tasted" event, brainchild of Zlamushka,of Burnt Mouth, hosted @ Dil Se and to the Bake-off Event@ Versatile Kitchen.
- All-purpose Flour - 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour - 1/3 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - 1/3 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup or more if desired
- Finely Grated Beet - 1 cup
- Baking powder - 3 tsp
- Olive Oil - 1/2 cup
- Partly Skimmed Milk - 1 cup + 4 tbsp
- Cinnamon Powder - 1/2 tsp
- All-spice - 1/2 tsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift both the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder in a bowl.Sprinkle salt, ground cinnamon, all-spice and sugar. Mix to evenly incorporate.
- Combine milk, oil, vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Throw flour in 2-3 batches and whisk gently.
- Add the grated beet to the mixture and mix but not over mix.
- Grease the wells of muffin pan with oil.
- Distribute the mixture and bake on the top rack for 25-30 minutes.