This is an excellent choice for a nice, scrumptious mid-winter lazy afternoon lunch that can be made under 30 minutes.
- Penne Pasta - 2 servings, cooked "tender" as per package direction
- Carrot - 1, small, peeled
- Eggs - 3 (2 Yolks discarded)
- Skimmed Milk - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Parsley - a handful, chopped
- Mixed nuts(Macademia, Brazil Nut, Walnut, Cashew, Almonds) - a handful, toasted and crushed or use store-bought, like Planters brand
- Salt for taste
- Cracked Pepper - 1 1/2 tsp
- Slice the carrot thinly like bacon and do a fine dice.
- In a small bowl, add the eggs and milk. Whisk with a little salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a skillet, heat the oil and add the diced carrot. Brown them until they are crisped.
- Pour the whipped egg mixture and scramble it.
- Add the pasta while the egg is still cooking and add the parsley.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper and check for taste.
- Move from stove and add the crushed nuts on top.
- Serve immediately.