Had some leftover pumpkin puree from making a variant of these lovely pancakes, so decided to make some pumpkin walnut muffins. So here you go-Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 3/4 Cup Pureed Orange Pumpkin
- 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 3/4 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/4 Tsp All Spice powder
- 1/4 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice powder
- 1/4 Cup Nonfat Yogurt
- 4 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp "Wild Flower" Honey
- Sift together flour, spice powder, baking powder in wide bowl. Stir salt and sugar using a whisk.
- Add the pumpkin puree, butter, oil. Mix gently with a spatula.
- Add the honey and fold in the 3/4 of the chopped walnuts. Save some for topping the muffins.Don't over-mix.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease the insides of the ramekins. Divide the muffins between the ramekins.
- Bake for 35 - 38 minutes( I baked in the bottom rack for 18 mins and middle rack for 20 minutes).
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing it from the ramekins.
- Here you go-
- Cling wrap the muffins and refrigerate the muffins for the following day. Yum with a cup of coffee.
What else can you make with Pumpkin Puree: Downeast Maine Pumpkin Bread With Mini Chocolate Chips