Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Buttery "Parker House Rolls"

Print  Friendly and PDF
Day3: Even though I live only a few hours away from Boston, I am yet to taste the original Parker House Rolls( and the Boston Cream Pie) from the Parker's Restaurant. While that trip will have to wait, I couldn't resist trying them at home. I have been making these dainty buttery sweet rolls since last year after I started baking with yeast. The smell of these buttery rolls fresh from the oven makes me dizzy with want. I could easily finish off a dozen at one sitting with just a dab of butter and jelly. I just went with Pioneer Woman's recipe for making these itty bitty deliciousness.

#3 in my LustList:  22K Multistrand Gold Chain with seed pearls and other beads, Indian Online Jewellery store ~ (US $6000)
I want this necklace so bad that I am checking it twice everyday. As if looking at twice would manifest this necklace on my neck!!! Wouldn't that be great though?? LoL. This is the most gorgeous necklace that I have seen in ages. I could probably wear this every single day. It is definitely a statement maker! 

Now onto the recipe-

Ingredients(Makes a Dozen):
  • 1 Cup Whole Milk
  • 1/2 Stick Butter
  • 1/4 Cup Sugar
  • 1-1/2 Tsp Active Dry Yeast
  • 2 Cups Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/4 Tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/4 Tbsp Salt
  • 1/4 Cup All-purposed flour, for kneading
  • 1/4 Stick (melted) Butter , for basting
Procedure:
  • Combine milk, butter, sugar in a bowl in a pot and bring the pot to a simmer. Cool to lukewarm. It takes about 25- 30 minutes.
  • Add Yeast and All-Purpose flour to the pot.
  • Make a smooth dough. Cover and let it rise for an hour.
  • After an hour, add baking powder, baking soda, salt and additional flour. Knead the dough for 8-10 minutes. Allow to rise in a warm place for 30-45 minutes.
  • Divide the dough into 12 even balls.Keep them covered at all times.
  • Flatten each ball into disc and line them up on a baking sheet. Using a pastry brush, coat the discs with generous blobs of butter. 
  • Fold it into half and let it rise for 30-45 minutes.
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake for 15 minutes. 
  • Warm rolls are ready to consumed right-away. 
Enjoy!

Blogging Marathon page for the other Blogging Marathoners doing BM#15
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

23 comments:

  1. After all these days of knowing you , believe me I realized only today tht u too live in the new england area...may be we should meet up sometime..rolls look amazing...nice post , the pics really help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rolls look perfect and the necklace looks gorgeous :).

    Vardhini
    CooksJoy

    ReplyDelete
  3. the bread and the necklace look good. I hope you wear it one day and eat the bread at parker's. Wont that be something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those buns are so inviting!..for all the work, I am sure it's worth the efforts..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice rolls. And I love that necklace too. It is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rolls look so soft..just need some butter and lassan ki chutney..wow..meal is done..lovely:)..and I have a similar necklace..minus the rubies and emeralds..just delicate white pearls ..looks awsum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marvellous necklace,wish to wear too..btw rolls looks absolutely buttery and prefect..

    ReplyDelete
  8. such beautiful rolls they have come out so very well, and I love that necklace too.., you are making me want one too..., beautiful clicks too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfectly made rolls,looks fabulous.
    The necklace looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute rolls! I am not crazy about jewelry but I must say the necklace is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Rolls look delish. I made these in a bread baking class, but never got to make them at home.. They are just so buttery and melt in your mouth. Your rolls have come out really well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The rolls are shaped like a mouth and I just want to put this roll in my mouth...LOL...and can't agree more abt the necklace...looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow so nice... Just love the cute little balls... First time here n just loved ur space... When u get time do visit my place...

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rolls look perfect and you are such a temptress,tempting us with your lust list :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow ! my family would love these rolls !! buttery and soft !

    bookmarking them CL !

    and your list tempts us way too much :)


    Kalyani
    Sizzling Tastebuds
    Event : Pickles & Preserves Fest + Giveaway
    Event : CWS - Oats

    ReplyDelete
  16. I tried these. They were my 1st attempt at making parker house rolls. Loved that this recipe didn't call for egg, but now I'm confused as to why some roll recipes call for egg and why some don't. anyway, check out my blog post on these rolls. they were so buttery amazingPW parker house rolls

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)