Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Berry Cream Cheese Muffins

Print  Friendly and PDF
With so many savory cheesy posts for this edition of Blogging Marathon, its time for something sweet.So here it is -- Sweet Berry and Cream Cheese Muffins. I had printed this from Bo's Bowl, a blog full of hearty recipes, ages ago..When my son said today "Mom, make me some muffins", a bulb went on in my head and I was busily flipping through my print-outs. An hour or so later I was "clicking" at these flaky tender muffins that were just out of the oven, with my son watching at them impatiently(with cute greedy eyes) from the sidelines. :). I have to tell you that the addition of cream cheese works wonders in this recipe. I could taste the sweet and mild flavor of cream cheese in every bite! A must try if you are a cream cheese addict!
Ingredients(For 6-8 Muffins):
  • 1 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 Cup Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
  • 1/4 Cup Reduced fat Milk
  • 1-1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
  • 4 Oz/ 8 Tbsp "1/3 Less Fat" Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature
  • 1 Egg, at room temperature
  • 2 Tbsp Butter, at room temperature
  • 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/4 Tsp Salt
Procedure:
  • Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar using a hand mixer until they are thoroughly combined. To it add the egg, milk and Vanilla extract. Combine using the mixer for a minute.
  • Sift the flour and baking powder. Add the salt. Add this to the wet mixture. Gently stir only till they are combined.
  • Add the chopped strawberries and fold.
  • Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the 6-8 cup muffin pan with muffin/cupcake wrapper. Using an ice-cream scoop add the batter to the wells till they are 3/4th full.
  • Bake on the middle rack for 22- 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes prior to serving.

Note: Tastes best on the same day its made. 
Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

22 comments:

  1. Looks yummy... Good for this strawberry season...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No words to express..they have come out so well that I feel like grabbing those from screen.Nice recipe and nice narration !

    ReplyDelete
  3. they look so good..beautiful....only wish they cud have been eggless....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woww.. Looks so tempting and perfect.. Inviting clicks !!
    Indian Cuisine

    ReplyDelete
  5. they are bakes so beautifully.. perfect for breakfast..and yes I loved the muffin cases..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect way to enjoy berries during this season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome muffin's. i am not able to find this muffin's liners in india, i am searching from long time....

    ReplyDelete
  8. In love with these cheesy strawberry muffins ..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muffins look simply heavenly. Loved the clicks. Thanks for sharing the wonderful recipe.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  10. aahh..Berries are my sweet company and I bet this wud have tasted gr8 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mmm I bet the cream cheese made these SUPER moist! So delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that sounds amazing, I mean adding cream cheese. Love the color :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woww.. Looks so tempting and perfect.. Inviting clicks !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love strawberries in baked dishes. Your muffins look very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am dying over your photos...going to make it right now. I have some fresh ripe strawberry in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)