With so many savory cheesy posts for this edition of Blogging Marathon, its time for something sweet.So here it is -- Sweet Berry and Cream Cheese Muffins. I had printed this from Bo's Bowl, a blog full of hearty recipes, ages ago..When my son said today "Mom, make me some muffins", a bulb went on in my head and I was busily flipping through my print-outs. An hour or so later I was "clicking" at these flaky tender muffins that were just out of the oven, with my son watching at them impatiently(with cute greedy eyes) from the sidelines. :). I have to tell you that the addition of cream cheese works wonders in this recipe. I could taste the sweet and mild flavor of cream cheese in every bite! A must try if you are a cream cheese addict!
- 1 Cup Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Strawberries
- 1/4 Cup Reduced fat Milk
- 1-1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 4 Oz/ 8 Tbsp "1/3 Less Fat" Philadelphia Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 1 Egg, at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp Butter, at room temperature
- 1/4 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- Cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar using a hand mixer until they are thoroughly combined. To it add the egg, milk and Vanilla extract. Combine using the mixer for a minute.
- Sift the flour and baking powder. Add the salt. Add this to the wet mixture. Gently stir only till they are combined.
- Add the chopped strawberries and fold.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line the 6-8 cup muffin pan with muffin/cupcake wrapper. Using an ice-cream scoop add the batter to the wells till they are 3/4th full.
- Bake on the middle rack for 22- 25 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool for 10-15 minutes prior to serving.