This is yet another recipe that has been invented in my little kitchen. I let my imagination run wild and came up with this yummy little burger that can also be consumed just as is without the burger buns.Sending this as an entry to Madhuram's Barley event.
- Garbanzo Beans(Chick Pea) - 1 cup, cooked
- Barley - 1 cup, soaked overnight and pressure cooked
- Onions - 1. small, diced
- Garlic - 1 cloves, smashed
- Carrot - 2, small, shredded
- Parsley - a handful, chopped finely
- Salt for taste
- Pepper - 1/2 tsp, optional
- Whole Wheat Bread Slices - 2, crusts removed, soaked in water and smashed
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp (for shallow frying)
- In a bowl, smash the cooked garbanzo beans roughly.
- Throw in the cooked barley along with onions, garlic mince, carrot, parsley, bread mush and salt+pepper.
- Using hands blend them and divide it into roughly 4 balls
- Form each individual ball into patties.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil and shallow fry the burgers 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve as is or with any choice of fixings.
Makes 4 patties.