Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Stuffed Lacey Crepes

Print  Friendly and PDF
Day3 of BM#4: Today I don't have a great story but I sure have a great Brunch/Sunday Breakfast item -- Stuffed Lacey Pancakes. Remember the Malaysian Lacey Crepes step-by-step recipe that I posted ages ago? It can be stuffed with any dry Vegetarian or Meat filling. My son loves watching me make these doily style crepes. I tell him that I will let him hop on the counter to sit beside the stove to watch me create these "Bootiful Food" if he keeps his hands to himself and not play with the batter. He solemnly agrees with a promising "I Understand, Mom" statement. Then keeps saying WoWWWW, WoWWWW everytime I go about with the magic of making these super-cute, too-pretty-to-eat crepes. I have to easy they are a pain to make without the authentic "Roti Jala" maker.I get easily flustered and perplexed cause the piping bag does make things a little complicated..so to go easy on myself I make some sort of filling a day in advance.
Assembling the Stuffed Crepes are a breeze. I just add a couple of tbsp of filling, fold them to make bundles and put them on the griddle/tava to warm them up and onto the plate it goes. From there its gobbled up from the plate with gusto.While the filling can be anything I personally prefer one of these:
Vegetarian Filling: Lentils, Sweet Potato and Carrots  Or  Potato, Sweet Potato, Peas and Carrot
Meat Filling: Sukuma Wiki  Or Mutton/Chicken Kheema
Ingredients(For 4 Servings):
Procedure:
  • Spoon 2-3 Tbsp of filling into the center of the crepe.
  • Bring the edges together to overlap.
  • Bring the other 2 ends together to make a bundle/parcel. Throw the parcel on a greased hot griddle to warm it up- 1 minute per side.
  • Move to the plate and devour.
Makes 4 servings.

Check out the Blogging Marathoners doing (Group 3) BM#4 along with me-
Diabetes Diet/Management: Kamalika, Smitha, Suma
Kid Friendly Recipes: Anusha, Cool Lassi(e)
Seven Days of Soup: Priya Suresh
Seven Days of Indian Bread: Jayasree, Pavani
Seven Days of Cakes:  Priya Vasu
Seven Days of Preserves: Gayathri Kumar, Vaishali
30 Minutes Meals: Priya Mahadevan, Sriv
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

42 comments:

  1. wow,when you posted those lacey crepes, I went gaga over it and thought they were out of world, but these stuffed ones are one step beyind it, great job N :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing crepes and a beautiful presentation. Such an adorable son you have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is an amazing dish -always up for a challenge - bookmarking to try!
    super dee duper!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My ..Those laces brought me here to comment.Professional make..Great wrapping.slurp !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lacey crepes looked soo beautiful when you first made them....the stuffed ones are even more tempting!
    they look beautiful!
    Smitha
    Smitha's Spicy
    Flavors

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolute adore these! I think they make for such a great presentation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. exquisite creation!! I think any pancake mix can be used here, right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks absolutely delicious :) Love the crepe a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks absolutely delicious :) Love the crepe a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...they look pretty and delicious with the stuffing..

    ReplyDelete
  11. A total WOW! Looks really crafty n interesting-Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg,am inviting myself to ur place to enjoy those droolworthy lacey crepes, simply looks out of the world..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow they look so gorgeous,lacey crepes with the stuffing looks very tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My oh my... looks heavenly!!

    Absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Delicious savory crepes, love the filling.

    ReplyDelete
  16. They look so so pretty..Perfect Spring breakky :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks so beautiful..im wondering if would all fall off while stuffing or white taking it off??? you have patience my girl..i mean to come up with intricate dishes like this..even with a lil one around..

    ReplyDelete
  18. aww...thanks for that:) ure the best and btw i have a loooooong list..christian bale seems to be the latest somehow:)
    and yes i agree about everyone on ur list..used 2 have the hots for arjun rampal until i saw him in tht recent movie with kajol and decided he was no longer my fav

    ReplyDelete
  19. Breathtaking!! Those are the most beautiful crepes I've ever seen. Beautiful works of art, and they seem too pretty to actually EAT... Very, very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First time here and lovely blog and also lovely recipe. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beauties! Love the Lace and the pretty packets are a great thing to have.. too pretty to eat?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Awesome looking crepe CL..you do get loads ideas on kiddos food..:0)

    ReplyDelete
  23. They look PERFECT, almost like a work of art. The last time I made jalebis, the squiggly lines got all over the oil, may be I can better roti jalas. Will have to try and see.

    ReplyDelete
  24. absolutely stunning!!wat a beauty...but the minute i read egg...i was disappointed.....but never mind i m sure we can do a eggless version...suggestions???

    ReplyDelete
  25. Quite interesting...Would make a great snack for kids...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Often make these lacey crepes...stuff with sardine/ mackerel sambal. ;)

    Liked your version too! Perfect net ;)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Really a captivating dish ,it looks really enticing .

    ReplyDelete
  28. Making those net crepes is indeed an art and those packets looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How pretty CL! Have never seen them before and am so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Awesome looking crepes..now this is in my to-try list...bookmarking it

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow!! Lacy crepes are very tempting and inviting! Mouthwatering! Drooling over the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I had forgotten how pretty these look and stuffed ones look even better...
    I have to move them to the top of my to-cook list..

    ReplyDelete
  33. See this is what happens when you don't blog hop much. I missed your original post and went thru it now. I think the egg can be skipped from the recipe, right? And where do you think we can get hold of the mould?
    Now this stuffed version looks more droolworthy. This recipe alone is worth participating in this BM#4. :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh CL!!! this looks damn tempting!!! i m heading to your original post!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)