Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

RecipeReplica: Eggless Strawberry And Walnut Yogurt Bread

Print  Friendly and PDF
This is an egg-less variation I tried out about a dozen days ago from ChefInYou. There can't be many who doesn't know about DK, the ChefInYou fame. She has managed to a carve a niche in the blogosphere with her boisterous write-ups and foolproof recipes. I only recently came to know about ChefInYou through a blogger buddy of mine.Makes me wonder why I didn't know about her blog earlier. Brrr. I have  bookmarked a dozen recipes to try.The base recipe calls for a couple of eggs which I replaced with banana and cornstarch. I can tell you, the eggs weren't missed. In any way. Enjoy it with a dollop of jelly like I did.
Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 Cups King Arthur All-Purpose Flour
  • 1 Ripe Banana, pulped
  • 2 tbsp Hodgson Mill Pure Cornstarch 
  • 1 Cup Ripe Strawberries, finely chopped
  • 1 Cup Toasted Walnuts, roughly chopped
  • 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
  • 1/2 Cup Butter, softened and at room temperature
  • 1/2 Cup Yogurt, whisked
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
  • 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon
Tool:
  • 2 Mini 5.75" X 3" Loaf Pan  Or 1 9" X 5" Loaf Pan
Procedure:
  • Sift together all the dry ingredients(flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, ground cinnamon) in a wide bowl.
  • Cream the butter and sugar till a fluffy consistency is reached.
  • Add the sifted dry ingredients, salt to the creamed butter-sugar mixture along with the yogurt.
  • Stir-in the nuts and the berries. Mix only till all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
  • Grease the loaf pans with little oil or butter.
  • Divide the mixture between 2 mini loaf pans(if using 2 mini loaf pans) and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a tooth pick comes clean when inserted in the center.
  • Cool the loaf/loaves completely prior to slicing.
  • Enjoy it by itself or with a bit of jelly(like I did).
Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

28 comments:

  1. Hi CL, hru doing?

    Gosh, I'd never bake a bread like that! Looks so good ya! Wish to bake bread one day...:)

    Grabbing few slices for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so droolworthy.... & healthy too..... I love the very look of it... Hugs))))

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely texture for your bread. Looks gorgeous and moist. Like the combo of banana & strawberries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks perfect, moist and nutty too...nice recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow three new combo bet it tasted great....loved the pic with strawberry jam :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. simply gorgeous looking loaf...guess it smelt divine too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love walnut in baking, beautifully baked bread, yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm I love making loaf cakes! I'm going to have to check out the ChefInYou. What a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks crazy good! I like that you substituted banana and cornstarch - that's a neat little trick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    Looks amazing dear...lovely clicks..Do visit me wen time permits..

    Dr.Sameena@

    www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a new one and it looks and sounds delicious! Wish I had a slice now!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That bread looks so healthy and yumm. Would be great with a cuppa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. These quick bread look perfect! Very fruity and healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. that is gorgeous bread!! thank you so much for introducing us to another wonderful blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's a bread!!!!!....Then I would say...AWESOME.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the way the bread looks. Strawberry has not made it mushy.Like that you have not used eggs, it helps a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi CL, the bread looks amazingly beautiful and love that it's eggless.
    FOODELICIOUS

    ReplyDelete
  18. wola...bravo girl....eggless,with fruits n nuts n yoghurt....i love all this in a loaf...u made it...pls pls pass on some to me..tht looks fantabulous lassie....

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wish I had a huge slice of this in front of me right now. It looks super delish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)