Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

GastronomicGallivant: Turkish "Turkey" MeatLoaf

Print  Friendly and PDF
You might wonder why I am obsessed with Turkish cuisine and culture. Well I have always been fascinated by this country that is thought of as "East Meets West". This fascination has become an obsession ever since I came to know about the Fairy Chimneys(Moonscapes) in the Cappadocia Region, the Dagi Giant-heads(Gnome-like head of Zeus and other gods) on Mt.Nemrut, the whirling dervishes,the food(especially the desserts..Baklava anyone?) and so on.At the moment, Turkey tops the list of my Dream Destinations.God willing I will make a trip with my hubby and son next year sometime.
Remember the other Meatloaf recipe I posted a while ago? This is slightly different from that with the inclusion of hard boiled eggs and some new ingredients.Hey,feel free to substitute ground turkey with any ground meat. Shouldn't make much of a difference. Now onto the recipe-

Ingredients:
  • Ground Turkey Meat - 2 cups
  • Stale Whole Wheat Bread - 2, toasted and ground to powder
  • Onion - 1, medium
  • Garlic - 2-3 cloves, minced
  • Carrot - 1 + 1/2(for garnish on the top), finely grated
  • Parsley - 3 tbsp, finely chopped
  • Skimmed Milk - 2 tbsp
  • Egg - 1
  • Hard Boiled Eggs - 2, shells removed
  • Curry Powder/Sambhar Powder - 1 tsp
  • Salt - 1- 1 1/2 tsp
  • Cracked black pepper - 1 - 11/2 tsp
Tool:
  • 9 X 5 inch loaf pan
Procedure:
  • Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
  • In a bowl, add the meat and all other ingredients EXCEPT 1/2 grated carrot and hard boiled eggs.
  • Mix, but not over mix just until they are evenly incorporated.
  • Spoon 1/2 the mixture into a greased loaf pan.
  • Place 2 eggs on top of the mixture.
  • Spoon the remaining meat mixture all over the eggs.
  • Sprinkle the top with grated carrots.
  • Bake for 50 minutes at the top rack.
  • Discard all the juice, cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing them.
Makes 1 loaf(12-14 slices)

Note:
Any ground meat - chicken, pork, beef can be used

Enjoy!
Blog Widget by LinkWithin

39 comments:

  1. really delicious one..will try it with chicken..the addition of hardboiled egg thats superb..lovely presentation

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a Never Tasted-Unique prep.... But the captures make it drool worthy..... I am sure I would fall in love with that prep, if I got to taste it once..... Awesome clicks.... Very tempting.... because it is eggciting.....

    Ash....
    (http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.copm/)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wwoww my god, wat a beautiful meat loaf, yummm!!!feel like having some rite now..

    ReplyDelete
  4. மிகவும் அருமையாக இருக்கின்றது...இதில் முட்டையினை பார்பதற்கு அழகாகவும் வித்தியசமாகவும் இருக்கின்றது...சூப்பப்ர்ப்...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is a Never Tasted-Unique prep....Awesome clicks.... Very tempting.... thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's wonderful recipe..So perfect and awesome pic..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hola, love this recipe , wanna bake a loaf with a turkish twist this week and yeah the same way with boiled eggs ,coz my mom grand aunt did it this way , only the spices were portuguese:-))
    U have delicious pics as usual babes and hope ur already having an awesome week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Eventhough i won't eat turkey this one looks really yummy and cute with hard boiled eggs in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loooooooooooks very yummy dear.. Actually I wanted to try the veg loaf using lentil which I have in my diary long back..yet to try it. Seeing urs its making me tempted and try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. nice looking meatloaf...n addition of egg to it is really creative n interesting...look so delicious....yummy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to try this... the "vegetarian" eats turkey and eggs so this will be good :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love meatloaf and yours looks great. I think the eggs make it beautiful presentation. Sorry to say I do not know much about Turkey but cannot wait for your trip so you can tell us all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow..cool pics and delicious meat loaf..Adiition of egg is super Lassie..

    Love
    Kairali sisters

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never had meatloaf with an egg in it. It sure looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  15. wow superb meatloaf...that too with egg..makes it more good looking...i m sure it tastes great too...nt into non veg tht much but looks favulous..10/10 on pics...picture perfect as always...tht cute egg in middle takes all the honour..loved loads of carrot on top..

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have a couple of turkey meatloaf but yours is absolutely fantastic...looks so good, I especially like the egg going in the middle :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG! what a fantastic idea.. looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOur meat loaf looks so delicious and beautifully set! I'll definitely put in more eggs... haha... greedy me! Enjoy & have a wonderful day!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  19. that looks mighty fine! i really like the carrot in there. i always use them, but it's not such a common ingredient. next time i'll use eggs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I could never question your obsession with turkish food because I'm right there with you! This looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hey this is something new and completely interesting for me...hv bookmarked..sure going to try this out

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMG such a drool worthy clicks( specially the first pic)!!!! Fab recipe and thanks for sharing....

    Sorry dear for missing out your last few posts as my Pc had gone for repairing. but your mango lassi looks soooo inviting.

    Deepa
    Hamaree Rasoi

    ReplyDelete
  23. very interesting meatloaf... looks delicious... loved the addition of egg.... will definitely give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  24. oh wow what a wonderful meatloaf you are going to kill me but I am going to Turkey in a week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hy dear,

    breaking your own records again n again...gorgeous recipe...with awesome clicks...! I will give it a try and let u know, how it turned out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the eggs inside - they make a striking presentation and so much more appealing than just plain old meatloaf!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just saw a very similar dish in my new Lebanese cookbook :) This looks good and I will try my version soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lassie thats a beautiful dish. Looks very eyecatching. Very different recipe too. Loved the way you presented it.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This look awesome, love your pictures, must try this one day.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heyy cool, rombha super ah seithurukkenga paa turkey meat naan restaurant la thaan sapturukken innum veetla seitha thillai unga recipe paartha apram itha try panlamnu ninaikiren... recipe super different n nice one pa.

    ReplyDelete
  31. my mom in law makes yummy meat loaf and i so badly wanna give it a go...but it just looks way too complicated...her recipe that is.
    U tho make it sound quite easy..im assuming...the egg adds an extra zing to it..looks nice

    ReplyDelete
  32. @Rebecca,
    I am so jealous that you are going to Turkey next week. But really, have fun and share your experiences..I would love love to hear each and every single thing you did and didn't while you were there.And please do share your pictures. Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete
  33. wow..this looks so amazing..love that egg in betwwen..it steals the whole show!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Never seen such a gorgeous meat loaf.Good luck with your travel plans :D

    ReplyDelete
  35. Meat loaf looks absolutely delicious!! Fabulous pics as always..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)