Thursday, May 2, 2013

Looking Back before Springing Forward -- My Favorite Fifteen of 2012

Print  Friendly and PDF
Dear Readers, How have you been? I know its been while, nearly a year since I decided to stop by and say hello. I thank you all for inquiring about the blog and me. I assure you, I have neither gone belly up nor decided to abandon the blog. Considering this being the first post of the year, is it appropriate to say 'Happy New Year'? LoL. I know its a little late, but its better late than never, right?

While I have come back from hibernation, its going to be a few weeks before I start regularly updating the blog. But I have to tell you that I do have plans for revamping the blog and making it user-friendly. First in the pipeline is to give it a new face-lift, adding recipe-index(although I cringe at the thought of indexing 425 posts..), bloghop and join in active social networking etc etc..

I am happy to say I bought a Nikon D7000 on Black Friday last year. Currently hunting for a great Prime lens and Macro lens. Recommendations are welcome. Here is the first ever picture I took using that camera. I was quite adamant that I won't experiment with it until I go to the temple of my favorite God "Lord Ganesha" in Flushing, NY. The husband was itching to get his hands on my toy but I didn't let him. The camera was sitting in the box for nearly a month before I was temple-bound. I haven't started taking any food clicks with it yet.. Have been very busy with this thing called life.

Anywayz, here are a few of my favorite posts of last year:

1.       First Post of the Year: Healthy Kadai Paneer-

2.       Sweet Beginnings:  Favorite “Festive Sweet” Post: Almond Halwa/Cake-

3.       Sweet Beginnings:  First (Holiday) Bake Post: Ginger Bread Man Cookies-

4.      Sweet Beginnings:  First Ever Cupcake Post:  Eggless Chocolate Cupcake with Buttercream Frosting-

5.       Sweet Beginnings: “Go-to “ Loaf-Cake that is a family favorite: Eggless “Tunisian Date” And Walnut Loaf Cake with Flaxseed-

6.       Sweet Beginnings:  Second Favorite Cake –  Farmer John’s Beet Cake baked right-

7.       Curry Madness:  Chef Jacob’s Chicken and Okra Curry-

8.       Curry Madness: Khichiya Papad and Lentil Curry-

9.       Yeasty Goodies:  Stuffed Durum Wheat “Atta Flour” Sesame Rolls/Buns-

10.   Yeasty Goodies: Favorite Meatballs Sliders-

11.   Yeasty Goodies: Stuffed Pita Pockets With Falafel and Guacamole-

12.   Beverages/Smoothie etc:  Spinach Avocado and Banana Smoothie-

13.   Beverages/Smoothies etc: Indian spice sweet tea – Masala Chai-

14.   Beverages/Smoothies etc:  Flavored Buttermilk, Sumer cooler-

15.   Beverages/Smoothies etc:  Banana Blueberry and Whey Protein Smoothie-

See you all again with another post soon.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


  1. Welcome back Lassie !! Waiting for the yummy recipes and wonderful pictures from you !!

  2. Congrats on your getting a Nikon 7000. Happy New Year to you too.


Thanks a bunch for your valuable comments and continued support.They are very much appreciated. Yes,like "Rain on Dry Land" and like "Oasis in Desert Sand".
XoXo, Cool Lassi(e)