Christmas came and went in a blur.. The last big holiday of the year that most of us look forward to, almost since the beginning of the year is gone and I am feeling a bit like a deflated balloon. The high winds,cold climes and piles of snow on the sidewalks doesn't help. But the weatherman promises Sunny Skies for the New Year weekend and that is enough to make me cheer up. But not enough to make me cook something worthy to blog about..just surviving on eggs, rice and leftover sambhar. So here is a post from the draft. Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 Cups Fresh Blackberry
- 3 Medium Gala Apples
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 Tbsp Sugar
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats
- 3 Tsp Coarse Oat Flour
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 Stick(55g/4 Oz) Butter, cut into little cubes
- 1/8 Tsp All-spice Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 9" square baking dish
- Preheat the oven to 350F/180C.
- Clean and drain the blackberries. Peel and remove the seeds from the apple. Cut them into 1/2" thick chunks and add to the blackberries in the bowl.
- Pour the lemon juice over the fruits. Sprinkle the sugar and gently mix.
- Grease a 9" square baking dish with little butter and add the fruit mixture into it.
- Bake the fruit for 15 minutes just until the berries begin to release juice.
- Add all the ingredients under "crumble topping" in a bowl.
- Using the tines of a fork or hand make a crumbly mixture.
- Sprinkle "loosely" on top of the fruits. Do not pack it in.
- Move the pan back into the oven and continue to bake for another 45-50 minutes.Remove and cool the crumble for 15-20 minutes
- Serve by itself, a dollop of ice-cream or with fruity Yogurt like I did(in the picture above)