Marinara is the most favorite sauce of our family. Its full-bodied flavor, vibrant color, and its diversity as a pasta sauce, pizza sauce, meatball sauce, dipping sauce makes it more appealing than any other sauce. Bottles and Bottles of this delicious goodness is used every month of the year. I honestly don't know what I would do without this hearty sauce. It comes to my rescue every-time, especially when I want to cook meals in a jiffy.This dish here takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- 15#s Medium Brown Button Mushroom, wiped clean with moist tea-towel
- 1/2 Medium Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, grated
- 1 Cup Organic Pasta Sauce
- 2 Tbsp Cilantro, finely shopped
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Cracked Pepper
- Linguine Pasta for two, cooked Al Dente
- Salt as needed
- Cut the cleaned mushrooms into thin slices.
- Heat 2 tbsp of Olive Oil in a skillet and add the chopped onions. Saute till they are almost brown. Now add the grated garlic and quickly stir. (Adding the grated garlic way ahead burns it and ruins the flavor)
- Add the sliced mushroom and toss about in the pan until it gets coated with the onion and garlicky goodness.
- Pour the pasta sauce once the mushrooms start leaving water.Add the cracked pepper and a bit of salt. Very little water may be added at this stage.
- Bring this sauce to a boil for 4-5 minutes until it all comes together.
- Add the cooked linguine pasta and toss with tongs to get the pasta evenly coated.
- Drizzle with the remaining tbsp of oil and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Transfer to a plate while still hot to consume.